Login    Register
[To] Catch A Contractor Premieres Sunday, March 9 at 10 PM ET/PT on Spike TV
Neil T
Dead chuffed

Hypermotard wrote:Wasn't JP a producer?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1639492/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr6

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Neil T wrote:I agree with the backtracking of the show on the legal shiz, but they are not out $57k. They are out $57k minus the value of the work the show put in to fix it all. I dunno if there's $57k worth of materials and labo(u)r there, but it's something.

The people are gaining a lot more than they put in of course, ignoring the fact something that should take a month or two took a year.

They actually gave the guy a huge 7 month window to do what he needed to do, which I would guess a lot of contractors would love when it comes to a job like this.

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

how much do people get to be on the show, aside from fixing uping?

Apatheist

BTaylor wrote:
Neil T wrote:I agree with the backtracking of the show on the legal shiz, but they are not out $57k. They are out $57k minus the value of the work the show put in to fix it all. I dunno if there's $57k worth of materials and labo(u)r there, but it's something.

The people are gaining a lot more than they put in of course, ignoring the fact something that should take a month or two took a year.

They actually gave the guy a huge 7 month window to do what he needed to do, which I would guess a lot of contractors would love when it comes to a job like this.

The contractor called them on their "bluff" and it worked for him. The family will likely do nothing because they have their house fixed and have nothing to gain by suing or "turning him in" to the license board. If they sue they will only get, at best, part of the $57k, minus lawyers fees, of a big dose of stress and hassle.

The question I have is: why did they sign a release to appear on screen at all? I suspect some other deal was made with them.

Besides all that, I found this episode to be pretty lame.

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

Moving this show to a full hour has done it NO favors.
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

sven

Just watched an episode of this for the first time. It was better than I expected.
- Definitely doesn't need to be an hour.
- The good part of it is when they confront the guy. I think they know based on the name of the show but there is just too much setup and wrap up bullshit surrounding the scam artist/junkie stammering and lying about his work.
- The other host is kind of a roided up douche but his super aggressive acting works for the show.
- It strikes me as a bit fake when they say that the super dangerous looking things in their house left there by the contractor have stayed like that for 9 months without them being at least covered.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

I'm watching this show for the first time too. They're just about to confront the contractor, Adam has had a couple good lines about being taller than the security guard.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

lovelinefan wrote:I'm watching this show for the first time too. They're just about to confront the contractor, Adam has had a couple good lines about being taller than the security guard.

:)

Shoulder Roll
done been crypto-mod'd, bitch

I've never seen an episode of this
The Roll!!!!!!!!!

Orlando Cepeda: "Orestes Minoso was the Jackie Robinson for all Latinos; the first star who opened doors for all Latin American players. He was everybody's hero. I wanted to be Minoso. Clemente wanted to be Minoso"

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Adam just said the black spot on the video monitor is Skip's plaqued out colon from eating too much creatine, lol. Skip reminds me of a cross between Danny Bonaduce and Jean Claude Van Damme.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Mcnugget
Yarrrrr

I like it

Retardedpetesampras
Alison Rosen fan

I deleted it from my dvr. It sucks.
I love you.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Adam is still saying they will "help" to take them to court.

Helping by way of saying "hey you should take them to court".

Neil T
Dead chuffed

spatchcock
Jerk off party? Lets do this.

Neil T wrote:Image

Split m'sack.
2nd Best Oral Receiver wrote:
Knuckles Goldberg wrote:You guys can judge all you want, but I doubt I'm the only one here who's had 5 hot dogs

You had a burger first