Login   Register
 Login    Register
[To] Catch A Contractor Premieres Sunday, March 9 at 10 PM ET/PT on Spike TV
samiam

Dont Tell Ray wrote:how much do people get to be on the show, aside from fixing uping?

Not sure about the homeowners, but apparently the "bad" contractors walk away with a nice sum of cash...

Spike TV Sued for Trapping Man in Home During 'To Catch a Contractor'

...Plaintiff Dillman alleges he was told the cameras were "for an unnamed home improvement show" and was given three options by a TCAC producer: return the money; walk away and have his company name mentioned while assisting the homeowners with their suit; or sign the release, appear on the show and complete the remodeling project.

The suit claims Dillman "had no choice but to sign the release" and was paid $10,000 for his participation on the show."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/spike-tv-sued-trapping-man-783489

Neil T
Dead chuffed

A Reader Reports That Adam Carolla’s TO CATCH A CONTRACTOR Catches Almost Nothing But Immigrants: http://www.vdare.com/letters/a-reader-r ... immigrants

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

Shhhhhhhocking
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Mcnugget
Yarrrrr

Adams demeanor changes wildly From episode to epiaode.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

30 episodes of TCAC and finally someone recognises Adam!

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

I had to pull the plug on this show - the longer FORMAT, and not the actual additional 30 minutes, has really made this a tough watch. All those extra 30 minutes did was create an excuse for even more teases and resets, not to mention the ricockulous pow-wows in the van with the producers.

I assume I'm not alone in bailing, as this thread has gone pretty quiet.

It's too bad, too, as it can be a good show -- but their (Adam's) insistence on staying in SoCal (for the most part, I know they were/are doing Vegas, too) kills a lot of it, too.
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Last Sunday's had no producer crap. It was a good one.

backsack
I like urban kids

I believe the producer pow wows are a direct response to the lawsuits the show got hit with last year. I recall that in at least one of the suits, Adam and, I think, skip, were named personally as defendants. Putting in the scenes with producers demonstrates that the producers are the responsible parties and are running the show; Adam and Skip are just the talent. If Adam or skip is named in a lawsuit again, the show can use that footage to try and get them off the hook more easily. It can also prevent people from naming them in the first place.
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.

Cherry Pie wrote:You're stupid, Todd.

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

Hmmmmmm. /backsack
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

JGdmn
Hypocritical Singing Carpenter

The only good part of the show for me was the shitty contractor getting schooled.

I thought the extension to one hour would bring more of that, but instead it seems to disappear completely for quite a few episodes.

The whole espionage part of the show is so hokey, but I guess that's the selling point for Spike?

Neil T
Dead chuffed

JGdmn wrote:The only good part of the show for me was the shitty contractor getting schooled.

That was hilarious!

"How many 32nds are there in an inch?"

5 Mississippi...

Adam grins....

5 Mississippi...

Skip looks incredulous...

5 Mississippi...

Nothing!

TV Gold.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

Ha!! Math is haaaard.

JGdmn

I wish they would edit that in with the Adam Carolla Project where Adam couldn't figure out a simple measurement for like five minutes.

And I think they ended up fucking it up anyway.

pod98
it's been FAR too long since a passionfruit rant

JGdmn wrote:I wish they would edit that in with the Adam Carolla Project where Adam couldn't figure out a simple measurement for like five minutes.

And I think they ended up fucking it up anyway.

well, that was OBVIOUSLY ray's fault! :shock: :lol:

JGdmn

I think my favorite part this year was were a contractor was incredulous that Adam and Skip would use water to determine which way the concrete was sloped and not a level.