Login   Register
 Login    Register
Winning - The Racing Life of Paul Newman (2015)
HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Wow, really? If you have the desire to make believeable stamps, removing that strike-through isn't a problem. Or you could just buy one physical stamp and reproduce off it. That's all the thought I'm putting into counterfitting stamps.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Does it have glow-in-the-blacklight inks?
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

zinc

I have also never signed off on the Steve Martin genius thing. Too much arrow through the head. -Adam Carolla 5/18/2017
Everybody wants to know the modality of, of how to get their voice across but, they don't really think about their voice. :shock: -Adam Carolla. 2/14/2017
I have never had an issue with pop music. -Adam Carolla. 3/9/2016
I have never purchased a joke and I have never sold a joke. -Adam Carolla. 2/4/2015

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Finally watched WTRLOPN. It's very well made, but lacks any kind of drama. There are many dramatic parts of the story, but they are all, all flubbed and dropped in to the film very casually.

The chronology is all over the place, which doesn't necessarily matter, but it doesn't add at all to the storytelling and there are some odd transitions. "And, then he died in a fiery crash... Newman's Own, BABY!"

The music is really poorly done, with crescendo after crescendo and over-use of "stirring" music. The music is in general, over-used.

At times, it became so repetitive, I was bored. "Newman was a super nice guy and a great driver!" x 1,000.

Having said all that, it's a decent watch, but in the hands of someone like Asif Kapadia could have been a lot more compelling.

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

Adam is intent on doing more documentaries because he's gotten the impression he's good at it. It must be making him happy because it certainly isn't making him money.

I think he mentioned doing one about KROQ, and another one, I can't remember.
Born Again Delta Fu

Neil T
Dead chuffed

That'd work out well if he could hire a good writer and director and not do it all himself.

If only good writers and directors weren't so hard to find in his neck of the woods.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

Neil T wrote:That'd work out well if he could hire a good writer and director and not do it all himself.

If only good writers and directors weren't so hard to find in his neck of the woods.

But you've gotta pay them

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

jovialjackee wrote:
Neil T wrote:That'd work out well if he could hire a good writer and director and not do it all himself.

But you've gotta pay them

Maybe you're familiar with a little program called FundAnything.

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

He has his guy Nate, or something. He's got grit and that's all you need. Did you know his brother died?

Dootson Grad
it's two dimes thick

The disk for this was announced, and it's with a pretty respectable content house -- Kino Lorber.

http://www.kinolorber.com/news.php?news_id=278

Okie Dokie
oh gawd he's back

It's available free on Amazon Prime if anyone wants to watch.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

phpBB [video]
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

Infomercial to the max

ZombyWoof
Whoa, let's stop with the armchair psychoanalysis

Whenever I read "Winning" I hear it in Charlie Sheen's voice.
Holder of Genuine Get Out of Jerk Free Card