Login   Register
 Login    Register
"Almost Ray", a "hybrid reality-scripted"
MiVidaLoca
Dearly missed

I didn't listen to most of the show over the last 6 months or so, so I don't know if this has been brought up already. A couple of weeks ago when all of the insanity was going on I signed up for a Google news alert (nerd!) so I could be updated when something happens and I just got this in my e-mail box.
Sites to watch in 2008
Perhaps closest to launch is Hollywood Disrupted, the brainchild of a group of striking writers headed by "Waterworld" scribe Peter Rader, who has been active in chronicling the strike on YouTube. Rader said Hollywood Disrupted already has several shows in various stages of production. "Almost Ray" is what Rader called a "hybrid reality-scripted show," starring Ray Oldhafer, 44, a luckless actor friend of Adam Carolla, who owes $500,000 to the IRS, dates twentysomethings and refuses to grow up. When things get slow, Rader said, they just insert a fictional character to help.

thestove4

So the show is on youtube and not tv? I missed that part.

MiVidaLoca
Dearly missed

I don't know if his show is only going to be on YouTube, the article just says that this Rader guy has been chronicling the strike on YouTube.

CaliforniasGold

LA Times article about Ray's new web reality show
Perhaps closest to launch is Hollywood Disrupted, the brainchild of a group of striking writers headed by "Waterworld" scribe Peter Rader, who has been active in chronicling the strike on YouTube. Rader said Hollywood Disrupted already has several shows in various stages of production. "Almost Ray" is what Rader called a "hybrid reality-scripted show," starring Ray Oldhafer, 44, a luckless actor friend of Adam Carolla, who owes $500,000 to the IRS, dates twentysomethings and refuses to grow up. When things get slow, Rader said, they just insert a fictional character to help.

Looks like this may be why Ray has been MIA from the show towards the end of the year...should be worth checking out, I mean, it has to be more entertaining than Breaking Bonaduce.

thestove4

Hopefully it will be on cable, hell maybe network tv.

fishyguy

I'm definitely going to check it out.

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

MiVidaLoca wrote:Sites to watch in 2008

If Ray owes half million bucks to the feds, he must have made some substantial
income at some point. I wonder how he blew it all. Hope they hit that topic, it's
interesting to see how one blows so much money. And why he isn't in
federal-pound-you-in-the-ass prison.
Born Again Delta Fu

Listener

Question:
Do you'all think Adam will give Ray's upcoming show a plug, or will he remain silent?
I don't recall him saying anything about Dave Damesheks' show.

JeffHagan1

johnsok0 wrote:

income at some point. I wonder how he blew it all. Hope they hit that topic, it's

exactly my thoughts, unless the 500 K is somehow a result of penalties? How does a guy making minimum wage and riding a bike to work his enitre life ever get in trouble with the IRS?

PanPan

JeffHagan1 wrote:
johnsok0 wrote:

exactly my thoughts, unless the 500 K is somehow a result of penalties? How does a guy making minimum wage and riding a bike to work his enitre life ever get in trouble with the IRS?

Unless this is typical embellishment of reality for purposes of a reality show... :wacko:
But yeah that's weird. I mean the guy couldn't even get his own cell phone, he had to have another friend cosign for it! Adam recognizes the cosigner's name on his caller id...

#1 Sploser

Listener wrote:Question:
Do you'all think Adam will give Ray's upcoming show a plug, or will he remain silent?
I don't recall him saying anything about Dave Damesheks' show.

i think he will plug ray's show all day long. i imagine he would have cought some static from cbs/JS had he plugged dave since he was fired. ray would be just a friend that has a new project

ebolarama
intentionally bad ass wiper

This show sounds awesome! I would love to have a Ray show...

mb NH

Hey, isn't that photo of him and *Adam*?

Kobrakai

Good Lord!! Adam wasnt kidding, Ray was a man child!! Look how much bigger than Adam he is in that picture.

J.O.

Kobrakai wrote:Image
Good Lord!! Adam wasnt kidding, Ray was a man child!! Look how much bigger than Adam he is in that picture.

Good Stuff, if you heard Adam call into Dr. Drews show he described his hair in the 70's as Darth Vader's helmet combed over with pubes sprinkled all over it, that pretty much sums it up.