Login   Register
 Login    Register
Loveline Tapes

So in a few weeks the site should be up, I'll update this thread with a URL and info as soon as it's ready.
Here are some images of what me and Unclepenny(Adam) have accomplished since spring 2008.
The tobydog tapes
Orange/JBJ Tapes
Latest Source
The latest Batch from our new source up top, the Crystal Lake batch below and The Orange/JBJ tapes on the bottom
There are about 70 more tapes not pictured and another 400 or so CD's still to rip and maybe 50 other CD's we also do not have pictures of.
The Crystal Lake and giant CD collection for the most part all dupes left that I'm working my way through converting into HQ files to replace old low quality ones.
Last edited by Guest on September 23rd, 2009, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

aceishigh

Gio, approximately what would you say the percentage of Adam era LL shows that you guys saved?
50%? more....??

aceishigh wrote:Gio, approximately what would you say the percentage of Adam era LL shows that you guys saved?
50%? more....??

Before I started ripping tapes regularly I would just collect all the shows provided by the hard work of some other legendary fans, I've been doing that since about 98.
I'd say the fans who were doing this before me managed to archive about 50-60%, 01,02,03,04,05 are and have been just about 100% complete since they were first captured, 95-00 is another story, we had about half of 2000 or a little less and a couple dozen shows maybe a little more for 97,98,99, 95 and 96 are still the weakest links.
Since me and UP have been ripping tapes we've manged to save 400-500+ shows total, maybe 350+ new to the archive, I'd say were now around 85% total complete possibly more, we really only need all of Adam's brief run in 95 with rachtman including his first ep where he guested as Birchum and about 98% of 1996, 97 might be missing another 50 shows and maybe 30 from 98 and about a dozen if that from 99, about 5 from 2000.
I don't know the exact percentage me and UP have done but it's some of the most key pieces we'd been missing for over a decade.
There are about 2 dozen hardcore archiving guys who did tons of this work too, I don't know if they want me to name names, some of them are fairly private.
Anyone who worked on shows will be able to submit their info to the new spot, so they can obtain credit for the hard work they contributed, site's not up yet though.

Spider Jerusalem

Sweet Jesus. Cheers.

ricockulous

I dont think everyone involved in archiving gets enough thanks for doing this! I know that all my boring tasks would not be as enjoyable, with out all the hard work and time you guys have put into it. On top of that, you guys have asked for nothing in return.
Thank you guys so much, your truly doing the lords work, and the embodyment of the word "mench".

ferrdidly

Giovanni... you are a god amongst mindless trolls, please teach me your ways and forgive me for insulting you by attempting to shit on you in your TERRITORY not to mention in a very important thread about your new project, I know how difficult it can be to be as amazing as you are and I understand the difficulties in launching a new project, I'm a huge asshole and I should never post again unless I can be civil to someone who has worked so hard for all the fans.
Gio : you're forgiven new guy, glad you saw the errors of your ways
Last edited by ferrdidly on September 28th, 2009, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canada

Ferrdidly... screw off. You need a passion in life.

McGahee220

Great stuff guys. Genuinely appreciated.

So I got some sad news today, on a couple lines we had on some tapes it turns out both batches were recently destroyed, I won't go too deep into Uncelpenny's process, we have enough competition already from less qualified and only sometimes well intentioned people but I'm sad to report 100+ VHS tapes of the MTV show were left in a dumpster 2 weeks ago and a batch of 120 96/97(what we need so bad!) cassettes of the radio show were destroyed somewhat recently as well.
If anyone who reads this has Loveline tapes, VHS, Cassettes, DVD's, CD's, whatever it is if it's from 95-2000 please contact me via PM on this board or email me, I will transfer your shows and pay for shipping, I will return your cassettes/media in the fastest possible window, I can rip 200 tapes in 35 days, nobody has done that in a year let alone that time frame except for me, I have the perfect setup for the transfer of the tapes and my work speaks for itself.
I will return your media with mp3's and or Flac's of the shows that you will have forever, I can also arrange to get you the entire archive of over 2700 files(some duplicates) the fans have managed to recover so far and other "Items" not available(nor publicly spoken of) anywhere else.
We're losing this show everyday, the tapes degrade in quality, family members discard old collections, we are so close to completing the archive, the tapes are out there and if you know of or have a batch, you know where to send them.

Also if you happen to be a garbage man or work at the dump and encounter any old Loveline tapes, throw em in a bag, wipe em off a little if necessary and ship them to me, I'll clean them then rip them.
Last edited by Guest on September 28th, 2009, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good Times

Props Gio. Mad Props.

Spank Me F Me

Giovanni for President!

hellbent revenge

Holy shit, the new batches were destroyed? Like the ones you've been working on ripping the past month and a half? Fuck, what happened?

hellbent revenge wrote:Holy shit, the new batches were destroyed? Like the ones you've been working on ripping the past month and a half? Fuck, what happened?

It was even newer batches we almost got that were destroyed right before we followed up on the leads, these are fine, I have been done with this last batch for weeks, it will be up when the new site is ready and I'm working my way through hundreds of Cd's, right now I'm waiting on a master list of what I need to do then I'll get cracking on 5-10 eps a day, those are all duplicates though nothing new left in the CD's.
We need more tapes, we need anything that's out there even if it's duplicates, we need the shows from 1995, we need most of 1996, we need a few from 97,98,99,00 and that's it, job complete.
Were so fucking close right now, if we wait much longer the pieces we need wont physically exist anymore, this is why it's so important to work fast and there is no room for hesitation.
Last edited by Guest on September 29th, 2009, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unclepenny
American Hero

hellbent revenge wrote:Holy shit, the new batches were destroyed? Like the ones you've been working on ripping the past month and a half? Fuck, what happened?

Maybe I can elaborate on that. Like Giovanni said, the batch he finished a few weeks ago of 1997/1998 is done being transfered. I found an additional guy who mentioned taping 1996-1997 and had about 120 cassettes. Turns out when he moved out of the house, his mother tossed them in the trash.
The other one was a lady who ran a very old Dr. Drew board. I wanted to see if she had tapes but it turned she had many VHS tapes of the MTV show. These are the tapes that were sadly tossed in the dumpster 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO ME EMAILING HER!!!11!!!1! Heartwrenching :( To be fair. that was bad timing on my part also.
On the upside, I have a good feeling there will be more batches in the future, just not sure when. Can't wait till this new site is up.
Last edited by unclepenny on September 29th, 2009, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecoynemyster

You guys are fucking amazing. "Doing the lord's work" as Carolla would say