Login   Register
 Login    Register
Looking for my first LL episode.
Neil T
Dead chuffed

pastahero wrote:I think Amber is her name.
As far as I know, Miriam/Sophia was "officially" busted on the 2003-06-16 (Interpol) show--she turned out to be a girl named Ingrid from Maryland--but I seem to remember it was a guy who busted her, off the air.

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/index.php?n=Main.Miriam
"Miriam is/was a chronic fake-caller to Loveline who unlike many bogus callers, does not follow the "Geneva convention on bogus calls". Her calls are almost always very detailed and involve serious subjects - and are therefore often not detected. She never ends a call with the classic bogus call tag-line, "his/her butthole is the size of a mason jar!".
Miriam's most well known call took place on the 2003-06-16 show, when she was finally busted by Adam and Drew with help from a visiting fan, Thomas. Thomas knew about Miriam's bogus calls, as well as her current on-going series of calls as abuse victim 'Sophia'. Thomas knew all of the details through his involvement at The Loveline Companion forum, where Miriam had been posting about her calls. So, when 'Sophia' called while he was there he was able to explain to the Loveline staff that her call was fake, and they busted her on-air.
Other known Miriam calls:
2003-03-30: caller "Melissa" - Very confusing and chaotic call, she suposedly found out the woman who raised her was her aunt and not her mom. She started crying when describing supposed molestation. She continually brought up additional problems throughout the call until Adam and Drew cut her off.
2003-05-27: caller "Burnadette" - says her mother dresses promiscuously. "

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

is Miriam a poster here?

i was just listening to some shows from 2003 she'd call every single night for stretches of week or two. i'd like to know how this chickapea turned out, a lawyer, publicist, used-car saleswoman?

diarrheadreams
Cherry RC is pretty kick ass

Was someone posting in this thread originally and then deleted their account or something? I'm sure that everyone here has heard this, but here is this for people who haven't..

phpBB [video]

This dude has uploaded all of her calls as well. It's like 9 videos all ranging about 10 minutes or so.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jessevalentine03/videos
Nominum Quid Geminus?!

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

all of her calls were very unsatisfying and annoying. an argument can be made that by answering they could have helped those in similar situation, but still. it's bad ju-ju to say grandpa is molesting you and cry on radio, it goes beyond a prank or attention seeking.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

:twisted: