Login   Register
 Login    Register
Looking for a call...
unclepenny
American Hero

A friend asked me if I could find a certain call and it didn't ring a bell for me. The female caller would only answer Adam and Drew's questions curtly and usually with either the word "no" or "stepfather." No clue on the year or if there was a guest that night. Just wondering if anyone had heard it lately, thanks.

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

YES, I have heard it recently and I'll start going through and trying to find it....it was pretty great. If it's the same call I'm thinking of, UP, it absolutely sounded like THEY called HER and she was very bothered.
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

unclepenny
American Hero

Thanks, thought it would be a long shot asking if anyone had heard it. Not sure why I don't remember it...

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

I think I've got it narrowed down to 2002......although I'm guessing my recollection of the call may apply to your friend's specific recollection AND others. Hope it's the right one.
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

unclepenny
American Hero

1780's Guy wrote:I think I've got it narrowed down to 2002......although I'm guessing my recollection of the call may apply to your friend's specific recollection AND others. Hope it's the right one.

Sweet, I'll let her know and listen to some 2002 tomorrow. Thanks!

HarrySeaward

Check out 06-14-2000. This is the source of the "Stepfather" drop and as I remember, the caller was pretty obtuse.

unclepenny
American Hero

HarrySeaward wrote:Check out 06-14-2000. This is the source of the "Stepfather" drop and as I remember, the caller was pretty obtuse.

That was it, thanks. She calls in at the 1:05:00 mark but they go to commercial and Adam decides to watch his bad Conan appearance in the other room so they pick back up at the 1:18:40 mark approximately. Thanks, I'm emailing this to my friend now.

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

UP, let me know if that was the one that was being requested......just listened, and it was not the one I thought I had just heard from '02 (obviously).

unclepenny
American Hero

1780's Guy wrote:UP, let me know if that was the one that was being requested......just listened, and it was not the one I thought I had just heard from '02 (obviously).

It was, meaning the call my friend was looking for. Anderson may have kept the drop and used it a couple years later, who knows...