Login   Register
 Login    Register
Enough with the Bukowski (and bukkake)!
VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Nah, I can't have you doing that - but thank you for your offer. I'll order it as soon as I'm done with the European vacation book. It's not bad, but I liked Post Office much more - probably because I can relate to so much of the novel/autobiography. I'll grab Women next, then I'd like to re-read them, starting with Ham on Rye. I am definitely immersing myself in this guy...I can't believe I wasn't introduced to his work earlier. He's like Salinger, if Salinger drank more.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

VictoryGin wrote:MAIT - if you make it here - I bought Shakespeare Never Did This - about his trip to Europe. Pretty much the only deciding factor in that decision was that it cost 0.99 on Kindle. All the others were wicked expensive - damn near $10 for an e-book version of books published 30+ years ago. Cray cray.

"Shakespeare Never Did This" would have been my recommendation. It describes the older Bukowski traveling to Europe (mostly Germany) to go on tour, see his fans. It is for me a nice conclusion and wrap up for all the Chinaski books, describing his life as a younger and middle age man, where's he's close to 60 in this one. Fun fact: I actually visited his birth place in Andernach. Actually I've seen the house, as there really isnt anything to visit as there are still people living there. I always hoped to meet him one day but then he passed before I had a chance to visit the US. And in 78 I was simply too young to meet him! :)

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

I'm about 20% in so far...I wonder how this guy lived to age 73 with all the drinking he did. There's a scene in Germany where a 3-year-old kid who's obsessed with fire keeps lighting all of their cigarettes. That could have been a young Wolferl!

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

VictoryGin wrote:There's a scene in Germany where a 3-year-old kid who's obsessed with fire keeps lighting all of their cigarettes. That could have been a young Wolferl!

Oh yes, I remember reading that as well and being actually reminded of my youth. I vividly remember pestering my grandpa to smoke another cigarette so I could light it ... must be the genes ...