Login   Register
 Login    Register
Daves of Thunder Cancellation Talk Part II
marks
die hard loon

Hollywood wrote:wait so marks is really a big fan but is doing some reverse psychology to goad the Daves to come back? I just don't buy it

What have you done to get the DOT podcast to come back besides begging Donnie to dry rape you?
Stop PMing me to run for President.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

I started a boycott of Ace Network that was semi successful for about 3-5 days but unfortunately we seem to be surrounded by scabs
what have you done?
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

LeykisMan!

Why are you guys still paying attention to this retard
It's not even fun messing with him. He says the exact same thing in every one of his stupid posts.
It's like arguing with a bot.

Hollywood

how else am I supposed to waste my time?

LeykisMan!

Good point.
I'll have some time to waste later on. I'll check back in here then

Iwannarace

Hollywood wrote:I started a boycott of Ace Network that was semi successful for about 3-5 days but unfortunately we seem to be surrounded by scabs
what have you done?

I'm still on board the boycott wagon. The only business I have with the ACE Network is posting pro-daves propaganda on carolla's msg boards. I found some other podcasts to occupy the commute time I used to fill with Carolla. I went back to one of the old chums from the ESPN days and started downloading Jonah Keri's podcast. There are also some upstarts that are Dameshek chums (the Sports Casters) that have a good show. I had to go through this process when we lost the daily dameshek show back in '09. Call it what you will (pathetic, dedicated, etc) but when you are just a working man it is the little things like podcasts that really make your day.
When the worldwide leader canceled Dameshek's ESPN show, it sucked but at least it is something you would expect from a major faceless corporation. This latest cancellation is much worse because this type of shit isn't what you'd expect from people who are supposed to be friends.

Hollywood

right, it's really just disgusting behavior and as far as I'm concerned this is a lifetime boycott for me, you don't do that to friends for absolutely no real reason except The Weez thinks he's a legitimate business man and Adam is too busy to pay attention to his own business and let his friend get fired
well that's not how friends treat friends, Carolla would be shooting up in an alley if Kimmel treated him like this

marks
die hard loon

That boycott is going to be real funny when Carolla gets in the guiness book of world records.
To be fair though, I have an highly placed and powerful entertainment contact (Hi Nikki), and I have it on strong authority that the DOT podcast will be back soon as a biannual venture.
The first show is supposed to be sometime in August right before the NFL season and the Fall Schedule begin. The next show would be in the Spring of 2012 but due to previous commitments that one will not be done, but they will be back again, tentatively in September of 2012.
So what have I done? I have locked down the DOT podcast schedule for the next 18 months.
By the way I am offended someone who is dumb enough to put Tom Leykis in their username would ever make a derogatory comment towards me. That is about as insulting as it gets...
By the way Hollywood you are a good example of why you guys are idiots. How does boycotting Adam's show get the DOT podcast on the air. It is so stupid. That is why you are not a real and loyal fan like me. You are a poser.

Hollywood

the boycott was to get the monkeys at Ace to tell us why the hell the show was cancelled when Dameshek said it wasn't his choice to end the show
they gave a scummy corporate style public letter 2 weeks later
so now the boycott just means I'm done ever listening to anything Ace related or Adam related again for that matter, I am not sure how that makes me dumb or not a fan, perhaps you don't understand that when someone does something scummy it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths
And LeykisMan is a bit from Conway & Whitman, a show that used to be on KLSX in Los Angeles, at nights, same station as Adam's old radio show. Someone made an awesome cartoon on youtube(look at his avatar) using the audio from the show. That bit, Leykis Man, is a mockery of Tom Leykis

Hollywood

WAITING FOR AN APOLOGY, MARKS

marks
die hard loon

I didn't scroll back up to read what you wrote, but I will offer an apology since you asked for it so nicely.
I apologize for whatever you said Is hould apologize for but I was too lazy to scroll up and see...
Your Welcome!

Jerma Jesty
hands!

When did we let 12 year olds start registering on this board?
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

Still waiting for Shek to get back on a podcast somewheres, if Feeney can join him, all
the better. There's never been anything FUNNY about this boycott, for me personally I
was basically shell shocked into not listening to Adam's show anymore. You think you
know someone, a celebrity you may never meet even, and bam, they smash you in the
face and they probably don't even know it or if they do, they don't seem to care (even
worse).
So call it a boycott, whatever. I just don't listen to someone who does not seem as
funny when they treat me without any regard, and they treat their friends that way
as well.
I tried listening at the very beginning but was now through a prism of disappointment
that I could not shut off. And that ain't funny to me.
Born Again Delta Fu

Zimmy

What exactly will it take to please everyone?
What do you expect to hear?
It's so simple really...
ACE Broadcasting needs content.
The 2 Daves couldn't find the time to do a single show in 2 months.
Adam wanted to promote the show on his main podcast and Feeney told him to call his agent.
If I never show up at my job, and my boss fires me, can I go on Twitter and tell everyone, well, it wasn't my choice?
Sure.
I'm the biggest DOT fan.
I do not listen to a single other podcast on the network except Adam's.
But its over.
They didn't want to do it anymore and if they did, they can certainly do it on their own, which they won't.
Last edited by Zimmy on March 24th, 2011, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigreeve

Zimmy wrote:What exactly will it take to please everyone?

More Jacuzzi Thoughts.