Login   Register
 Login    Register
The Weez Talks DOT on Giovanni's Podcast
stevothedog

stevothedog

My Thoughts
Great insight into how unqualified Donny is to be running ACE Broadcasting. Adam would be better off letting Donny’s wife run the network; she had to force him to get an iPhone… Oh wait no Donny invented the iPhone!

Not only is it obvious he’s in over his head, it’s even more clear from this podcast that he’s either an egomaniac or an idiot. He wouldn’t even listen to you as Adam’s number 1 fan when you tell him how big the downloads would be. He says he wanted to do things professionally, but he continues to make Rookie mistakes and disregard advice and suggestions from others.

Does he really believe that what he’s doing has never been done before? Podcasting has been around since 2004. People have been doing live broadcasts on the internet since 1994. I personally put on broadcasts for The Black Crowes (1995 OKC Bombing Benefit), Beck and many others in the late 90?s. If Donny would put down the Bong and call some qualified people thing would go a lot better.

Case in point Charlie Sheen did 120K viewers on ustream, Donny failed with less than 2K the first time out.

Carolla needs to realize that Donny is at best a hack Avid Editor; he has no business managing Talent or producing the network. There comes a time when you have to move past your friends if you want to grow a business. I’m sure Carolla can find a small cube to put Donny in, but if he wants to really grow something they need someone more qualified. This latest blunder just makes the need for a real Executive Producer clearer.

thewheezinator

Ouch.
--------------------------------------------
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/thewheezinator]http://twitter.com/#!/thewheezinator[/url]

Albysly

I listened to that podcsat and was surprised at how full of himself Donny comes across as- he really thinks he's pretty important doesn't he? I dunno maybe he is. The other thing that was weird/creepy was the host asking if Donny had any footage of Adam lighting farts with a little too much eagerness in his voice. Even Donny shot that down, something about having kids, etc..

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

I liked the idea of an Early Carolla DVD with Adam's public access shows, Groundlings shows etc. It'd also be cool if there were interviews on there with people who worked with him in the Groundlings back then on what he was like and stuff.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Mattpett

The name Misraje is mud in my book

unclepenny
American Hero

Albysly wrote:The other thing that was weird/creepy was the host asking if Donny had any footage of Adam lighting farts with a little too much eagerness in his voice. Even Donny shot that down, something about having kids, etc..

To be fair we've been asking for that for years, last time it happened on-air was 1998...

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

I've never understood why doing that is funny.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

06silverM35

Good to hear Donny at least address the situation, even though it is basically non-answers. Him saying it was a business decision is true in the fact that Donny was not able to make money off of it. With such a loyal following and no paid talent it is amazing to me that they could not even break even on DOT. If it is true that is DOT was losing money for the network, it just shows how poor businessmen Donny and the ACE network crew are.

ebolarama
intentionally bad ass wiper

Albysly wrote:I listened to that podcsat and was surprised at how full of himself Donny comes across as- he really thinks he's pretty important doesn't he? I dunno maybe he is. The other thing that was weird/creepy was the host asking if Donny had any footage of Adam lighting farts with a little too much eagerness in his voice. Even Donny shot that down, something about having kids, etc..

You know the host is Gio, right?

ZombyWoof
Whoa, let's stop with the armchair psychoanalysis

Albysly wrote:I listened to that podcsat and was surprised at how full of himself Donny comes across as- he really thinks he's pretty important doesn't he? I dunno maybe he is.

Could anyone suspect a man who hit several girls in the face with a pie the day he broke up with them of being full of himself?
Holder of Genuine Get Out of Jerk Free Card

Albysly

Yeah I know the host- I am trying not to say his name and avoid the wrath of the 6 inch red font.....
He sees the world through Carolla glasses, to be sure. I hate that we're waiting for a "statement" as if this is coming down from the Kremlin... so frigging stupid...

bewbs

It's ridiculous that they couldn't find a way to make money from DOT. It was the 2nd most popular podcast on the network, and in many peoples opinions the best.

Zimmy

Oh how I would have loved to have heard the reasoning behind canceling DOT.
If only the "host" would let the Weez get a word in edgewise without stepping all over his comments.
This guy reminds me of the Chris Farley talk show on SNL.
Hey Paul McCartney, remember when you recorded Abbey Road? That was awesome!

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

ZombyWoof wrote:Could anyone suspect a man who hit several girls in the face with a pie the day he broke up with them of being full of himself?

That aspect of his personality always stands out for me. The fact he did this more than once, and the fact that it does not seem to be a source of embarrassment for him as a grownup.