Login   Register
 Login    Register
Listening through DOT for 3rd time
LeykisMan!

sven wrote:
LeykisMan! wrote:They tried REALLY hard to bring her in and make her part of the show and she was completely incapable of playing along most of the time.

That was the joke though, same with the rest of the cast. It wouldn't have been funny if they all yucked it up and brought pages with them.

It didnt' come across as a joke at all to me. (and what kind of joke is that??) Shek sounds clearly frustrated at times at her inability to play along and go with a bit. I could see her 'being in on it' if she brought something to the table--even if it was terribly unfunny, but she was nonresponsive half the time.
A good example of that is the 'blind date call' between her and Feeny's friend--just painful.
And everytime Feeny would say something like "Blaster Girl's got her hand on my thigh" or "Hey Shek, you jealous that I got Katy sitting on my lap?" All she could ever come back with is a scoff and a "no im not".

Allll that being said, this show is still hilarious. Im even liking some of the episodes I thought I had originally hated. (like the farmer market and dodger's game eps)

I'm still in the Shek Republic...but....the more I listen...the harder it is to deny Feeny's greatness...

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

BG was a stuck up idiot.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

I started my second listen of DOT this week; I'm currently on episode 4.

Anybody know when Chris Laxamana (Doubleton) appears? The first time I listened through, I didn't know what was him. So looking forward to that perspective this time.

I love that the first person who was on the first Jerk List of the pod was The Weez. How appropriate, considering how things turned out.

Oh, and I also loved Shek's annoyance at Donny's weirdly-placed ball cap that day when he was "tired". Dave keeps going back to it because he's so awestruck at the laziness.

sven

Wasn't Laxamana Donovan?

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

Yes

Doubleton was Ruben

PlaysByEar
Paul Shaffer Swagger Jacker

So much I don't understand. I don't know anything.

/hh

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

jovialjackee wrote:I started my second listen of DOT this week; I'm currently on episode 4.

Anybody know when Chris Laxamana (Doubleton) appears? The first time I listened through, I didn't know what was him. So looking forward to that perspective this time.

I love that the first person who was on the first Jerk List of the pod was The Weez. How appropriate, considering how things turned out.

Oh, and I also loved Shek's annoyance at Donny's weirdly-placed ball cap that day when he was "tired". Dave keeps going back to it because he's so awestruck at the laziness.

Second? Rookie.
beeney wrote:my vagina and asshole felt like it exploded open.

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

Whoops, I meant to say Donovan.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

Also, by definition, I don't think a second timer can be called a Rookie. I'd say Novice.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Didn't Laxy say his username on the early days of the messageboard or something was doubleton?
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Digital Blackface wrote:why are you all so stupid?

sven

http://www.archive.davesofthunder.com/Ep%20XIX.mp3 46 minutes in might be my favorite bit in DOT history

MoreJacuzziThoughts
You don't understand. Hopefully you will; in time.

sven wrote:http://www.archive.davesofthunder.com/Ep%20XIX.mp3 46 minutes in might be my favorite bit in DOT history

So good. "Do you want this job?! Help me work one up!"
backsack wrote:Going there right now, and I'm going to talk about you so hard.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Listening again and they're trying to name. Curious if you guys think Daves of Thunder was the best choice. To me one of the weakest... I'm partial to Dave Damashek Vanity Project Starring David Feeney.
cantjudge wrote:Oh, I thought all the black wangs would help.

Mattyboy
Great teeth AND clean vag?! Lemme get those digits

I enjoyed Daves of Our Lives the most
RIP Uncle Al. Always in our T's&P's

Cherry Pie wrote: I don't know what my point is, exactly...

HuellHauser wrote:I'm in a lot of signatures.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

I voted for DoT, so it's the best name.