Login   Register
 Login    Register
The Return of the Return of the Low Budgets
SGreenwell
Evil twin of SGreenbad

Marc wrote:
MarcoMunco wrote:I mean...it seems a lot of money if you are using Tods Podcasting set-up.

I know somebody who is involved in several different podcasts & they do not buy a new studio set-up for each one of them, they utilize the same equipment. :?

Still this isn't a thread about the financial aspects of the podcasting.

Welcome back. :mrgreen:

Totally. Or "totes," as the kids would say.

Not to get all boring, but I can asplain. I did end up buying a studio setup for the stuff I recorded solo up in SF, but since I use it for other stuff that $$ isn't included. Mostly the cost was my flying down to LA twice for recording sessions (one in January and one in ... whenever the hell the second one was.) Then there's some stuff we licensed and VO peeps and a stack of pizzas so tall it blocked out the sun. (Oh, and the web hosting. Can't ever forget the web hosting!)

But why, Marc? Why did you have to buy another studio setup? What happened to the one from Low Budget FM? That one was pretty fantastic, right? Oh great question I'm glad you asked. I loaned it to a girlfriend of mine because she wanted to produce a music podcast. And then she broke up with me via text message. Turns out she wasn't so keen on giving back my studio equipment after that.

And so ends the tale of the studio equipment.

But were YOU ever hit by a car five times? No? Come on then. #grit

p.s. big fan!
beeney wrote:Different gays for different days.

JGdmn wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not hitting your children.

HuellHauser wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not painting your cat.

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

Marc wrote:
Michael Shayne wrote:Unfortunately, they uploaded the episodes to iTunes in reverse order. :( I have to manually work my way through them backwards on my iPod. Or I guess I could have made a playlist and put them in the right order, but ain't nobody got time for that!

Oh no. I thought that order would cause them to play in the right order because I assumed it would be newest first?

Nyope....most pod apps nowadays play in release order like they should. I am doing the same as my boy MShayne.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Can't you change the auto play order (newest to oldest or oldest to newest) on your podcast app?
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Digital Blackface wrote:why are you all so stupid?

Michael Shayne

Hypermotard wrote:Can't you change the auto play order (newest to oldest or oldest to newest) on your podcast app?

Not on my iPod. Of course, mine is from like 2010. But I've never had this problem with other podcasts before.

Michael Shayne

Todd Brisket wrote:
Marc wrote:
Michael Shayne wrote:Unfortunately, they uploaded the episodes to iTunes in reverse order. :( I have to manually work my way through them backwards on my iPod. Or I guess I could have made a playlist and put them in the right order, but ain't nobody got time for that!

Oh no. I thought that order would cause them to play in the right order because I assumed it would be newest first?

Nyope....most pod apps nowadays play in release order like they should. I am doing the same as my boy MShayne.

If you don't own an outdated iPod like me, you might get it to play in the correct order by fiddling with the podcast settings in desktop iTunes. (These instructions assume you have one of the more recent versions of iTunes where they radically changed how podcasts are managed.) Go to My Podcasts, select the podcast on the left, click the gear on the top right (or just right click the podcast on the left and select "Podcast Settings"). Try changing "Play:" from "Newest to Oldest" to "Oldest to Newest" (or maybe it's the other way around). All I know is that setting doesn't make a damn difference on my pod. I finally broke down and made a playlist.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one