Login   Register
 Login    Register
Hangover Cures
magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

ArKaiN wrote:Actually, you eat because you're drunk. Alcohol screws up your sugar levels and dehydrates, so the body goes into emergency mode and you get a hell of an appetite.

I think all the late shifters at Denny's would back you up on that.

jojo3

JoshCarpenterIsGay wrote:Not all sake is hangover free. Only Premium Sake.
There are many types of Sake including: Futsu-Shu, Nama-Sake, Genshu, Koshu, Nigori Sake, Dai Ginjo-Shu, Ginjo-Shu, Honjozo-Shu, Junmai-Shu, and Infused Sakes

I can personally testify that this is NOT true. I lived in Japan one summer in college, and I drank lots of sake, cheap and expensive. I had some horrible experiences, the kind where you wake up feeling like you were just skull-fucked by a herd of wolverines.

well-cut jib

"...skull fucked by wolverines..." :lol: :lol:
After many decades of close observation of this phenomenon, I can authoritatively state that there are no absolutes.
I think there are more small variations in peoples chemistry than are ordinarily appreciated. In the case of Sake it may well be that a certain majority of people share certain chemical characteristics that allow them to avoid hangovers with certain kinds of Sake. I would be very surprised if it did hold for everyone. The same goes for just about any generalized attribute of alchohol - and probably many other things.

magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

well-cut jib wrote:After many decades of close observation of this phenomenon, I can authoritatively state that there are no absolutes.
I think there are more small variations in peoples chemistry than are ordinarily appreciated. In the case of Sake it may well be that a certain majority of people share certain chemical characteristics that allow them to avoid hangovers with certain kinds of Sake. I would be very surprised if it did hold for everyone. The same goes for just about any generalized attribute of alchohol - and probably many other things.

This is like an attorney telling someone they can theoretically sue anyone for anything... a non answer that doesn't help me and a waste of space! :D
For fuck's sake, people have been getting hammered since the pyramids, you'd think modern medicine would come up with something concrete to cure hangovers by now. That and male birth control. It's all a big conspiracy... a big conspiracy against women who like an occasional drink. Sexist doctors.

well-cut jib

magic crystal brain wrote:This is like an attorney telling someone they can theoretically sue anyone for anything... a non answer that doesn't help me and a waste of space! :D
For fuck's sake, people have been getting hammered since the pyramids, you'd think modern medicine would come up with something concrete to cure hangovers by now. That and male birth control. It's all a big conspiracy... a big conspiracy against women who like an occasional drink. Sexist doctors.

It feels so good to be appreciated. :P

JoshCarpenterIsGay

magic crystal brain wrote:you'd think modern medicine would come up with something concrete to cure hangovers by now. That and male birth control. It's all a big conspiracy... a big conspiracy against women who like an occasional drink. Sexist doctors.

That's why you have to go with god's liquor..

PopulationOverride

Josh smokes weed? I'm surprised

Whitey

pot-hangover: You're really sleepy / groggy until about noon.
I've also had decent success avoiding morning hangovers drinking Johnny Walker Black on ice.

magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

JoshCarpenterIsGay wrote:That's why you have to go with god's liquor..

Pot has made me uncomfortably paranoid enough times that I prefer to avoid it. Also, it's illegal, and I'm an upstanding citizen.
Last edited by magic crystal brain on December 11th, 2008, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoshCarpenterIsGay

PopulationOverride wrote:Josh doesn't pay for sex? I'm surprised

Fixed. :D

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

My, I'm hurting today. MrsGin and I got into our cups last night.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

beer. gatorade. pickle juice. not necessarily in that order.

VictoryGin

A little blue light while I prepare eggplant parm is doing wonders.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

VictoryGin wrote:A little blue light while I prepare eggplant parm is doing wonders.

Blue light? Like from a colored light bulb?
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

VictoryGin

Ah sorry - regional. Canadian beer.