Login   Register
 Login    Register
Hangover Cures
magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

I am currently nursing the worst hangover of my life. I took an Excedrin because that's the only medicine I currently have, but I still feel like dog poo.
I never really believed in so-called hangover cures but I'm willing to try (just about) anything right now. Any ideas?

EYE-WRONG-MANG

Chocolate Milk and a couple tylenols.

PopulationOverride

Don't drink

beefgerky18

Just like all of the "experts" say; Drink lots of water and drink your alcohol in moderation.
Or you could do what I do and load yourself up with tylenol, hook up an IV drip with some Gatorade and spend the afternoon napping and watching football.

JeffHagan2

beefgerky18 wrote:Just like all of the "experts" say; Drink lots of water and drink your alcohol in moderation.
Or you could do what I do and load yourself up with tylenol, hook up an IV drip with some Gatorade and spend the afternoon napping and watching football.

yeah, gatorade seems to work best for me too. Not the low cal stuff either. Get the stuff that will refill electrolytes.

duffjr

usually a full meal will do it: quesadillas, rice, beans, and horchatas. or you can take 2 advil for the cure. throwing up helps as well.

ArKaiN

Beer. I'm serious, too. The reason you feel like shit is because you're going through withdrawal. If you drink a low dosage of alcohol now, you give your body more time to heal the damage you did.
Otherwise just ride it out, but you are going to be miserable for sure - your body is currently suffering from the effects of the aldehydes that were produced when it broke down the alcohol. Those are, in short, poison. If you want to do that keep yourself hydrated and eat anything with sugar in it, so your body has an easier time breaking down the aldehydes.

FunkBivouac

I've heard sending naked pictures of yourself to random strangers on the internet is a great hangover cure.

magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

The logic behind drinking more alcohol makes sense, but just the thought of doing that is nauseating. So far chocolate milk is the most appealing option. Nudie pics are a close second of course. :rolleyes:

Contento

Hair of the dog.
greasy food(not too much)
gatorade(sugar free if you can find it)

Whitey

#1 cure is a vicodin.
if I don't have that, I go with 800mg of advil and lots of water / gatorade. Water is very important because a big part of the headache is caused by dehydration. A greasy egg mcmuffin will help as well. Get some food in your stomach.

absolut_dre

There isn't one, other than not drinking at all of course. :up:
nienawidzę was

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

absolut_dre wrote:There isn't one, other than not drinking at all of course. :up:

That's about right. You can help speed up the recovery by assuring that you are well hydrated and pop a few asprin.
Hair of the dog works, but you then have to deal with another pending drunk/comedown/hangover. Manage it well and it can be done.
I don't think I've been drunk in 20 years. I don't miss it. A high tolerance to alcohol isn't a bad thing. B)
S.C.
I picture Scott wandering around, blatantly snapping pictures of people, giving them the finger, muttering "fuckers", and then going about his business.
Stockholmsyndrome

magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

What do you guys think of sweating the alcohol out? My friend swears by going for a long run to alleviate hangovers. I feel like this has helped me feel better before, it's just really hard to get your sick butt out there.
Anyway I suppose it's not a bad thing to have a punishment to dissuade one from drinking to oblivion.

DirtyRed

You're going to be okay MCB! If you decide to go out for a run, please go slowly, and start out by walking, then speed it up a bit to a brisker pace, and then get into your jog! Please remember, slow as you go!, bring your water bottle in order to stay well hydrated! When you get back home, please get some food in your gut!, and take advil for any residual headache, nausea, and the spins! Much love for a speedy recovery :up: