Login   Register
 Login    Register
Amazing News Stories
Stockholmsyndrome
All roads eventually lead to Hitler

lovelinefan wrote:http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/phoenix-naacp-boss-quits-over-tits-remarks-8019717

On Monday night, TV reporters gathered outside the NAACP's branch office at 1818 South 16th Street, waiting for word of an executive committee decision about Harris following a meeting scheduled for 6 p.m.

About 7:30, Harris emerged from the building and walked toward his car as reporters asked him what happened.

One of the TV reporters asked him what he would do next.

"I'm 78," Harris answered. "I'm going to die."

Then he got into his black Mercedes and drove away.

Don Harris, president of the Maricopa County chapter of the NAACP, attended a meeting at the Tempe Union High School District offices last week to discuss a group of students who had formed a racist slur with letters on their T-shirts.

On his way out, reporters asked the 77-year-old attorney and civil rights leader about the meeting, which focused on ways to eradicate the use of the racial epithet.

"Nice tits," he said to a reporter from Phoenix New Times, referring to KPNX reporter Monique Griego, who was standing nearby.

The newspaper, which posted audio of the comment online, called him afterward to ask about it.

"I apologize if anyone was offended," Harris told New Times. "I could have said nothing... I'm really fucking sorry."

But Harris, who also called himself "one of the best goddamned people in the state," was just getting warmed up.

When asked if he would fight against sexist comments in addition to racist ones, Harris told New Times, "I'm going to slash my wrists. Better yet, I'm going to throw myself out of a fucking window, except I'm on the first floor."

The paper said Harris is known for "brash, politically incorrect comments."

Harris offered another apology to ABC 15, adding that he didn't think Griego could hear him when he shared the observation with a male reporter.

"It was a guy talking to another guy," Harris said. "That still doesn’t make it acceptable."

He told the Arizona Republic that he has offered his resignation to the chapter's executive board if they want it.

"I said if they want me gone, I'm gone," Harris told the newspaper. "I'm not ducking from anything. I did something stupid and wrong and I'm sorry for it. I can't beat myself forever about it. I said it. And I can't be any more sincere."

KPNX said Griego would not be commenting on the story.

Harris, who is white, came into his position at the NAACP almost by accident. When Rev. Oscar Tillman retired as head of the chapter in 2014, no one stepped up to run for president.

Harris, a longtime member of the executive board, told the Arizona Republic last year that he nominated himself in hopes it would get others to run for the position. That didn't work, and he was elected president of the chapter.

Speaking to the New Times on Wednesday, Harris passionately defended his track record.

"I've given up my law practice. I'm down here six, seven days a week. That's what my commitment is," he said. "I support NOW, the women's organization -- goddamn! -- are you shitting me? Are you going to write this up?"

phpBB [video]

The video kind of infers the t-word is as bad as the n-word. Something new every day.
HuellHauser wrote:I don't get the beaver

mutual disinterest
you may be excited, but no one else cares

"I apologize if anyone was offended"=I'm not really sorry, it's YOUR fault, not mine
"Mutual Disinterest, you are one witty person. I won't even try to duel with your cleverness. You have bested me, and I kneel before your greatness."

"if You flash a girl you pay her 300,000, If she flashes you, you pay her 20 bucks."

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

This was the best part:

"I could have said nothing... I'm really fucking sorry."

But Harris, who also called himself "one of the best goddamned people in the state," was just getting warmed up.

When asked if he would fight against sexist comments in addition to racist ones, Harris told New Times, "I'm going to slash my wrists. Better yet, I'm going to throw myself out of a fucking window, except I'm on the first floor."

"I've given up my law practice. I'm down here six, seven days a week. That's what my commitment is," he said. "I support NOW, the women's organization -- goddamn! -- are you shitting me? Are you going to write this up?"

This guy should do a podcast!
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

this was classic internet

this photo been going around social media for years now.
usually with thousands of "HAHAHA FAT BITCH SHOULD DIE" comments

Burt
SEG is correct

Baby has good language skills.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

An American tourist in Iceland made a typo when he was putting his hotel's address into his GPS and got routed 6 hours away, now he's famous:
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-35482537?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:this was classic internet

this photo been going around social media for years now.
usually with thousands of "HAHAHA FAT BITCH SHOULD DIE" comments

She looks ridiculous. I'd pay someone to walk my kid before I would walk around like THAT.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

Woman shows up at her own funeral:

http://tinyurl.com/haymj88
johnsok0 wrote:Traci's a dirty ho

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

wojonixon wrote:Woman shows up at her own funeral:

http://tinyurl.com/haymj88

“We just want you to go back, to tell other stupid women like you what happened."
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Neil T wrote:Ow, my balls are on fire. etc.

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

Save the stupid women.
johnsok0 wrote:Traci's a dirty ho

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

Burt
SEG is correct

Dont Tell Ray wrote:http://mentalfloss.com/article/32042/corn-flakes-were-invented-part-anti-masturbation-crusade

Great book about health care and morals in the early 1900's is The Road To Wellville, by TC Boyle. It has much to say about goofball, John Harvey Kellog.

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

Burt wrote:
Dont Tell Ray wrote:http://mentalfloss.com/article/32042/corn-flakes-were-invented-part-anti-masturbation-crusade

Great book about health care and morals in the early 1900's is The Road To Wellville, by TC Boyle. It has much to say about goofball, John Harvey Kellog.

The movie that came out in the 90s based on the book looked pretty funny, but I never saw it.

S.C.

Burt
SEG is correct

scottcolbath wrote:
Burt wrote:

The movie that came out in the 90s based on the book looked pretty funny, but I never saw it.

S.C.

I remembered the movie a few minutes after I posted. Obviously, the book left a greater impression, but I did enjoy the flic. The book was a little darker brand of humor.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

Graham crackers too, I think.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.