Login   Register
 Login    Register
Stand-Up Specials
WhelmedButNotOverly
known to bed down those of lesser intelligence

Bo Burnham: what.

Creative, theatrical and musical format that I haven’t seen before. Delivery was sharp but the material itself was lame at moments and leaned too heavily on gimmicks as a crutch. Overall a B though and I’m looking forward to following his career.

David Spade: My Fake Problems

Outside of his acting bit, not his best work but his dry and understated style is so up my alley that he can automatically upgrade any trite idea just by his delivery. He has this hit and run tactic where he says a punch line under his breath and moves on quickly to set up his next joke....always works on me no matter what.

Tony Hinchcliffe: One Shot

The entire special is shot in one long take.....that is all. Nothing spectacular here and I’ve already forgotten all the bits.
Brought to you by the Talented Mr. Ripley......minus the homicidal, homoerotic, sociopathic, recidivism.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

I can't find the thread where we post our favorite stand-up bits. :(

I love this Pete Holmes one.

phpBB [video]

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

He feels strongly about cheese.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

Prison Mike

"My travel agent made a mistake and booked me in a bad part of Atlanta...called Atlanta".

Such a simple joke, but it got me good.

Burt
SEG is correct

That's first I've heard of his standup. Perty good. I was alway turned off by his manic podcast appearances.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Burt wrote:That's first I've heard of his standup. Perty good. I was alway turned off by his manic podcast appearances.

I also was alway turned off by his mania.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

No, cannot have!

His first two albums are good but I wasn't a fan of his recent HBO special. However, I do enjoy his HBO show.
Technicality, no down boo-over?

Prison Mike

I just listened to his podcast interview with Brian Regan for a second time. So good. He has a good balance of being funny and letting the guest be funny/entertaining/engaging.

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

Amy Schumer's recent stand up special is getting horrible reviews. She apparently made some raunchy pussy jokes. LOL, reminds me of Cartman talking to his little girlfriend. :lol:
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

H-Wood
not funny and disgusting to look at

It's getting bad reviews because she isn't funny, she used to be an edgelord when nobody knew her name and she was fucking Anthony Jeselnik and doing roasts, and is now about PC feminist comedian impersonator that's overtly graphic while at the same time virtue signaling

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

Yeah, I actually remember her being funny. That's what saddens me. Now she's a feminist icon and that has clouded her brain.

I have three or four friends on facebook who are constantly posting about women's rights. I knew one of them from work. She constantly walked around with the shittiest attitude and would love to say she hated people. She was actually a very funny, pretty girl when she wasn't walking around feeling oppressed.
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

H-Wood
not funny and disgusting to look at

She wasn't really funny she was just imitating her funny boyfriend

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

I don't recall posting it anywhere (although I may be wrong), but I recently watched three Mike Birbiglia stand up specials on Netflix. That dude is funny without being filthy.

S.C.
I picture Scott wandering around, blatantly snapping pictures of people, giving them the finger, muttering "fuckers", and then going about his business.
Stockholmsyndrome

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

Dave Chappelle back next week on Netflix. Excited.
johnsok0 wrote:Traci's a dirty ho

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

scottcolbath wrote:I don't recall posting it anywhere (although I may be wrong), but I recently watched three Mike Birbiglia stand up specials on Netflix. That dude is funny without being filthy.

S.C.

Yeah Berbiggs is a funny dude. His stuff on Bob and Tom is fantastic despite Bob and Tom being there.

I also liked Holmes' new one, Faces and Sounds. But I actually enjoy Pete's mania. Especially when he's on Doug Loves Movies.