Login   Register
 Login    Register
What are you reading?
ListenGoofball

I'm sure I'll get banned for posting this, but does anybody else read? I can't believe Adam retains as much as he does from The History Channel but hates the things with the pages. I love tv but remember almost nothing from it that doesn't involve someone getting kicked in the groin or partial nudity. On the other hand, I retain Graham Greene, David Halberstam and all my other favorites with ease. What's everybody else reading? Well, nice knowing you all?

Gobias

Dude, talking about reading results in an automatic ban.
Better edit your post quick!

AngelAdamFan

I love the place where the hide the books. So can't get with Adam on that.I used to ride MAX to work, so I could finish a book in 2-3 days. Buying books at that rate would have been prohibitive.

ArKaiN

What the fuck is this, criticism? Someone ban this bozo, quick.
And hold on, you want us to read? Get the hell out, nerd. The internet has no place for you.
Last edited by ArKaiN on February 15th, 2008, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

Freakonomics was pretty rad.

I Hate Message Boards

I don't read as much as I used to, haven't found anything to hold my attention recently, but I definitely enjoy a nice book every now and then. I have been reading Barrel Fever by Sedaris on and off lately, it's good. While I don't consider The Kite Runner to be a great book, I couldn't put it down once I started reading it, loved the historical and cultural parts of Afghanistan's history more than anything. I enjoy reading Jules Verne novels from time to time. My favorites though are Greg Palast's books and Culture of Fear. I may have to rate Culture of Fear as my all-time favorite book, I loved how it ripped apart all of the stereotypes and nonsense that the media creates.

the yellow dart

i'm reading bill brysons books. they are just excellent. the books are funny and interesting and question our modern lives. i highly recommend anything he's written.
ps: i'm a little buzzed...

Jewdo

Maybe reading should go under guilty pleasures?
I highly recommend anything by Harry Turtledove who is the Father of Historical Fiction. His best series are The Guns of the South(I read the first one but haven't gotten around to the sequels) and the World War series(WWII). The books have crazy concepts, if you read the plotline you'd think this was some science fiction weirdo stuff but they're very compelling and a great read.

Guy DuBrow

I do so much reading for school now, it is hard to read for pleasure. When I can get back into pleasure reading, I tend to read stuff that is historical, Like Jared Diamond's "Collapse" and "Guns, Germs, and Steal". For fiction, I like the Master and Commander series. BTW, I am going to a Jared Diamond Lecture at UCSD this Monday, for any other JD fans.

ArKaiN

I'm reading American Gods, the third book by Neil Gaiman that I've come across- Anansi Boys and Good Omens are the others, and I highly recommend them. I'll second The Kite Runner also.
Hey jewy, ever read Noah Gordon?

LeykisMan!

Mishima Yukio is my favorite author...his tetralogy was some great reading...particualrly Runaway Horses. Im currently reading some of his older plays.

ebolarama
intentionally bad ass wiper

ArKaiN wrote:I'm reading American Gods, the third book by Neil Gaiman that I've come across- Anansi Boys and Good Omens are the others, and I highly recommend them. I'll second The Kite Runner also.

American Gods was surprisingly good.

jdh3334

Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild"....
Haven't seen the movie, but the book is a great read.

Jewdo

ArKaiN wrote:I'm reading American Gods, the third book by Neil Gaiman that I've come across- Anansi Boys and Good Omens are the others, and I highly recommend them. I'll second The Kite Runner also.

Nope

thestove4

Anything by R.L. Stine. I just love his work.