Login   Register
 Login    Register
Missing Richard Simmons
Burt
SEG is correct

SharonNeedles wrote:Can't do #2 without working knees.

But you said he may have new ones. Why get new ones if you can't even work a stationary bike?

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

Maybe his recovery didn't go well? Maybe he's eating more than his exercise can keep up with? This is just a guess on my part. I think it's a vicious cycle of depression and comfort eating.
LeykisMan! wrote: I enjoy 1780s and all his faggy threads.

Chef Lorena Garcia
I'd also advise against stealing a baby

Just listened to the first ep. I wouldn't say great but I'm gonna stick with it. I've always found his schtick super annoying but I think that deep down he is a genuine dude and wants to help people who feel hopeless. I actually have a tangential connection to Richard. I once worked with a young lady who was pretty overweight (extremely obese). After she left the company she started going to Richard's classes and I heard she lost over a hundred pounds.

I also always loved his Howard Stern appearances. It may seem cruel but considering he cries at the drop of a hat I don't feel too bad about laughing

phpBB [video]

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

Aww...Artie.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

He cried and ran away because Howard said he's womanly. Hmm...
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

Neil T
Dead chuffed

"‘Missing Richard Simmons,’ the Morally Suspect Podcast": https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/arts ... dcast.html

SharonNeedles

On Twitter yesterday, Jon Ronson called it "stalky." I still haven't listened past episode 1.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

I did present the argument on AfterPod that we could just leave him alone. IIRC, PP was pro-stalk.

Cosmo
Unfuckable Fly (aka Tex)

I think it's more about his close friends who can't handle being out of his life. They want closure and acknowledgement that they still mean something to him. I don't feel they are being stalky, but just trying to get answers and try to help him if he needs help.

RiverOtis

I don't feel like it's been terribly stalky. They made one perfunctory attempt to visit him at his home and they knew they'd be rebuffed because otherwise, no show.

It's mostly been people in Simmons' orbit talking about how much they care about him and how weird it is that he's disappeared. Maybe they oughta just respect his right to go away, but when an outgoing, public person suddenly becomes a hermit, it's unreasonable to expect folks who knew that person not to openly speculate as to the reasons why.

Pascal's Pager
aka: the pretentious bigmouth

I don't even think the retreat from public life is all that weird. Actors do it all the time. For me, the mystery is why he would abruptly cut off contact with his personal friends without so much as a goodbye, or explanation.

To step away from the spotlight is one thing, but to vanish from your own life is bizarre.
Nathan Bateman wrote:After a long day of Turing tests, you gotta unwind.

SharonNeedles

I feel like if you just cut everyone off abruptly you're just going to garner more attention than if you did a slow fade.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Richard Simmons makes statement for first time in a year: 'I'm not missing'

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... -statement

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Who?
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

SharonNeedles wrote:I want Star Wars to go away forever.

MarcoMunco
A peep between the legs is all I need

EXCLUSIVE - Richard Simmons is pictured for the first time in THREE YEARS EXCLUSIVE - Daily Mail

Marcomunco wrote:What is the point in having random quotes in your signature?