Login   Register
 Login    Register
New Show on ACE Network
Undertoad

Do you think it is? (see the "heard about us on radio or TV" banner in the upper right?)

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Undertoad wrote:Do you think it is? (see the "heard about us on radio or TV" banner in the upper right?)

Yes, I do.
I know someone who was recently contacted to become an Adam and Eve affiliate. This particular podcaster does not have a huge subscriber base, so for A&E, it costs them nothing if they sign up podcasters for an affiliate deal with commission only.
No ad sales people are required when the likes of A&E are emailing the podcasters directly with offers.

Undertoad

*sigh* i retract everything

laxdude
The game, not the airport, eh.

Undertoad wrote:*sigh* i retract everything

You are partially right...but not in the way you think.
Ad sales are always done by commission. So you can easily have people out hustling for you if you want, it costs you nothing. You just need some young and hungry guy to chase down leads.
Podtrac, the company that does your official download numbers, sells ads - that is why they do it. That is where most of the GoTo, Audible, and other tech type ones come from. So 75% of TWIT ads are sold by Podtrac.
The one time when a network helps is to get your downloads over 50k/episode - that seems to be the golden number for getting easy ads. Being on a network that has huge numbers probably means you hit that mark sooner.
BUT, Penn is a big enough star that he can go on pretty much EVERY podcast in the world, especially the big ones, and get those numbers himself. It will just be slightly slower - so it might take 3 weeks and 4 appearances rather than hitting it the first week.
The advantage to ACEnet is the studio. Being that Penn lives in Vegas he won't be using it.

brrrdman85

I like this move. It's clearly an attempt to piggy back off of Celebrity Apprentice, but that is fine with me. Penn is a great voice and will be very successful on the ACE network. I could easily see this becoming the 2nd highest downloaded show behind the ACS. Hopefully he lays off the militant atheism a bit and explores various other topics. I'm an atheist too, but any kind of activism gets old really quickly.

mpa
Heavyset Woman of Color

And another looser doesn't pick the LacrosseDude Audio Xonsolting firm. Penn is going to crash and burn because something called TWIT wasn't followed.
Last edited by mpa on February 4th, 2012, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laxdude

Dude, I don't have a podcast consulting business..I have a architectural and design security consulting service...I just devour podcasts and pay attention to the business. I am a fan of podcasts...I don't want to shit where I eat.
The Penn podcast should last a long time, I am just not sure how long it will be on ACE. They might just be being used to get it off the ground - but it isn't like Penn is out chasing money with live shows, so maybe it is just a 100% hobby and wanting to have people listening to him. I shouldn't assume that he is doing this for a pay day. If he isn't in it for a pay day it does make more sense.

marks
die hard loon

1780's Guy wrote:Funny that Adam rebuffed Fitzdog, didn't take an interest in Gould, but chooses Penn (his Celeb Apprentice/Dancing pal) as his first post-Donny addition. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I never consumed enough of his other shows/podcasts to have a really good opinion of his stuff.

I am interested in penn doing a podcast. Dana goulds podcast could have been called "Unfunny Funny Man Podcast".
Dana Gould sucks, he is like an unfunny dr Bruce. Fitz is insane
This is a good addition. First time acenet will have a strong number two podcast
Stop PMing me to run for President.

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

I'm sure the ACE crew has set earnings expectations for Penn already. :unsure:

Anthony
Famous Dumpadilly

lovelinefan wrote:When is "The Sprapperman Hour" coming to ACENet?

Safe money's on "right about never."
"I have a subpoena, for your penis."
-nikkib

Jew Alcindor

Penn Jillete? PASS.

ropadi

I will actively avoid this crap.
Back in the FreeFm days Penn got the best host in the SF market fired for some petty bullshit.
Fuck you Penn you fucking Frankenstein piece of shit.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

I haven't heard about that before, what was the petty bullshit?
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...BAGS4JBQUL1.DTL
"San Francisco "shock talk" radio host John London was fired from the local CBS Radio affiliate KIFR-FM (106.9) for saying on-air that he'd pay $5,000 for someone to kill Penn Jillette, the comedic magician who'd made nasty comments about the late Mother Teresa on his syndicated CBS radio show. Now London and two on-air associates who were also fired are suing CBS Radio, KIFR and Jillette for wrongful termination.
In a suit filed in San Francisco Superior Court last week, London -- who said at the time that his call for Jillette's head was a sarcastic joke -- and former co-hosts Dennis Cruz and Chris Townsend are seeking real and punitive damages for breach of contract, inducing breach of contract, interference with business interests and intentional infliction of emotional distress. No dollar amount is given."
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

laxdude

Yeah...utterance of a threat of death is not something you can claim, after the fact, to be 'just a joke'. If it is ambiguous you are getting fired. Hell, if it is clearly a joke you will probably still be fired.
It is also a bit like being mad at the Jews for making Hittler hate them and go all 'final solution' on their asses.