Login   Register
 Login    Register
New Show on ACE Network
Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

protip: if you want to offer a price on someone's head as a joke you offer a reward that's either too little or too big, $5 or $5 billion, either one is a ridiculous number
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

mpa
Heavyset Woman of Color

laxdude wrote:Dude, I don't have a podcast consulting business..I have a architectural and design security consulting service...I just devour podcasts and pay attention to the business. I am a fan of podcasts...I don't want to shit where I eat.
The Penn podcast should last a long time, I am just not sure how long it will be on ACE. They might just be being used to get it off the ground - but it isn't like Penn is out chasing money with live shows, so maybe it is just a 100% hobby and wanting to have people listening to him. I shouldn't assume that he is doing this for a pay day. If he isn't in it for a pay day it does make more sense.

So Alison isn't bat shit crazy, people related to architecture are assholes.

knumbknuts

My rule of thumb is people in a profession are assholes when the profession is not enjoyable, especially in relation to the perceived glamour of the profession
For example:
- Attorneys (you expect Perry Mason, you end up being a low level drone on the third circle of Hell's records department)
- Cops (you expect Dragnet, you get to be Robocop without the charm nor the firepower)
- Navy prop pilots (this one's my own observation). (You sign up for top gun, you end up getting to fly 5 times a month with shitty job prospects on the outside).
Applying this to Allison's opinion of architects, they must go into expecting to be Frank Lloyd Wright, end up being bored out of their skull and badgered by people they consider idiots.

ghostytmrs

Assuming Penn's show will be similar to his Free FM show from years back, it'll be a nice addition for Larry Miller's audience. On "Penn Radio" he specialized in the "old timey" type of radio that Larry does but with (yawn) recurring atheist rants. Despite that, it was a fine show albeit a very short-lived one since Penn's Vegas commitments got too much for him and he quit.

ChicagoLovesAdam

Teresa tweeted "working on it" when responding to a question regarding a show on the ACE Network.
Now that ABC did not pick up her sitcom, I wonder if this will happen sooner rather than later.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

ChicagoLovesAdam wrote:Teresa tweeted "working on it" when responding to a question regarding a show on the ACE Network.

RUABIGGAL

ChicagoLovesAdam wrote:Teresa tweeted "working on it" when responding to a question regarding a show on the ACE Network.
Now that ABC did not pick up her sitcom, I wonder if this will happen sooner rather than later.

Really? that's a shame about her pilot. I will listen to her show.

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

She'll have a show for about 3 months before she gets tired of it or she gets another radio gig.

Dancing with Harpo

"Penn's Sunday School" sounds kinda tame. He's been on a campaign to "appreciate" religious people as "honest but misguided." And drive cattle to his Vegas shows. That whole city is desperate for noise - any noise. His "Your Gawd Is Fuckin Insane" crusade is infinitely more entertaining.
But I think the real Penn $$$ jackpot is a balls-to-the-wall S&M / Bondage Power Hour podcast. With WAY more profit potential for the ACE network:
"Tales From My Desert Dungeon."
Just look at all these (legitimate) West Hollywood leather goods shops that could "pile on" to the ACE network's new Alternative Lifestyle Choice: Pleasure Chest, Pacific Hide & Leather Co, Lucky Leather, United Leather, Rough Trade (on Sunset Blvd), Fierce Apparell, Planet Rafaell, Moods Of Leather...
Holy crap, ACE producers. There's a dog-collar-pile of potential advertisers waiting for you to get professional.

mpa
Heavyset Woman of Color

bad times: means some of you fucks will talk about it over here. I thought we finally got rid of her

Jerma Jesty
hands!

Can't wait. I'm going to start a million threads about every episode (titles in capslock, of course) just to annoy mpa.
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

laxdude
The game, not the airport, eh.

I think the barriers to Teresa going back to ACEnet are gone. Also one afternoon a week is probably about right...the problem is finding something to talk about that doesn't step on ARIYNBF and FCOL.
I would just like to see her on FCOL replacing SW-T. I can't listen to the show with her on it, she makes me want to punch things, and Lynette just is not a lead host - she needs someone to drive the bus.

mpa
Heavyset Woman of Color

Jerma Jesty wrote:Image
Can't wait. I'm going to start a million threads about every episode (titles in capslock, of course) just to annoy mpa.

Fine, I'll throw you one and you don't even have to tone up.

Jerma Jesty
hands!

laxdude wrote:I would just like to see her on FCOL replacing SW-T. I can't listen to the show with her on it, she makes me want to punch things, and Lynette just is not a lead host - she needs someone to drive the bus.

I agree. Wholeheartedly.
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

Dancing with Harpo

If these dummies making "bizniz" and "talent" decisions at ACE broadcasting haven't noticed yet, this is AN ELECTION YEAR. And the thing about this election year is that there is a lot of SPARE CASH flying around looking for whores to plug into. And the thing about Teresa is that SHE HAS POLITICAL OPINIONS and an ability to MAKE PEOPLE ANGRY. (So does Adam.)
I couldn't care less about Strasser but THERE'S NO RESTRICTIONS on using "podcasts" for political advertising, so why don't these geniuses make Teresa's show "political" and cash in on the frickin gravy train for 10 months???
Shit's all 'tarded.