Login   Register
 Login    Register
How come PSS is never promoted on TACS anymore?
SynSonic Drums

To be honest, I don't listen to this show, but I remember it used to be promoted on the Adam Carolla Show every time there was a new episode. So what happened with that? Been a loooong time since I heard ANY kind of promotion on TACS for Penn's Sunday School, not even a quick mention from Adam. I know that it's still a part of Carolla Digital because it's still linked to on adamcarolla.com. Does Penn just not bother to notify anyone at Carolla Digital when a new episode goes up?

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

Since when is a Carolla Digital show promoted on any other besides Alison (not Adam) promoting her own?

Neil T
Dead chuffed

tardbasket wrote:Since when is a Carolla Digital show promoted on any other besides Alison (not Adam) promoting her own?

There are regular ads for Carcast, ARYAN BF and The Parent Experiment FCOL.

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

Neil T wrote:
tardbasket wrote:Since when is a Carolla Digital show promoted on any other besides Alison (not Adam) promoting her own?

There are regular ads for Carcast, ARYAN BF and The Parent Experiment FCOL.

Ah yeah. Forgot I +30s those now. I took the question as where are the live reads advertising other shows.

Mattyboy
Great teeth AND clean vag?! Lemme get those digits

Penn got canned once he made a move for MSNBC

AndyD

plenty of shows get promoted. How many times have you heard "Hi. I'm larry miller, but in a way, aren't we all... and this week on This week with larry miller,"

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

It's a good ?, maybe it's because Penn doesn't read his promos while in an echo chamber and doesn't close with "I love you!"?
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Neil T
Dead chuffed

I think it's because PSS is not really a Carolla Digital show. It's a Penn Jillette show that happens to be distributed by Adam's network, but not fully in it -- so I'm guessing PSS doesn't give all the ad money to Adam for his car collection Roman Slave Ship pirate ship, as all the other CarollDig shows do.

AndyD

I haven't liked the PSS episodes I've heard. Does anyone have a specific one they can recommend that doesnt suck?

SlowandGo

The used to run Penn ads, although I doubt they were effective since he was screaming on them, so I doubt they have anything inherently against it. I'd imagine that they want to use those promo slot to try and push the new shows like A&D and the Drewcast.

Alison gets a lot of promo- maybe its in her deal with Adam or maybe because Geery is keeping it in the rotation.
-------
"Brettj72 is my intellectual superior and I will be as smart as him."

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

AndyD wrote:I haven't liked the PSS episodes I've heard. Does anyone have a specific one they can recommend that doesnt suck?

Much like so many other podcasts, the show is made infinitely better by a good guest; if it's just Penn running his yap I tend to skip it. That said, I would recommend the following episodes:
Peter Noone
Larry Gatlin
George Takei
Lawrence Krauss
Bill Nye
Skip the Gilbert Gottfried episodes at all costs.

ANT

Skip the Gilbert episodes? Are you crazy? Those are the best ones!

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

ANT wrote:Skip the Gilbert episodes? Are you crazy? Those are the best ones!

I have to agree he is pretty damn funny, but the constant over the top laughing at everything anyone says outweighs that for me. Too much work.