Login   Register
 Login    Register
Techie Blibber Blabber
Neil T
Dead chuffed

scottcolbath wrote:I need to do some disk housekeeping. Anyone used this?

http://www.derlien.com/

S.C.

I like TreeSize (Windows), which is similar.

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

Neil T wrote:
scottcolbath wrote:I need to do some disk housekeeping. Anyone used this?

http://www.derlien.com/

S.C.

I like TreeSize (Windows), which is similar.

Well I'm on a Mac, so that rules out that option.

S.C.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

DTR triggered
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

That's a lot of floppy
phpBB [video]
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

Modding old floppies to hold SD cards just because is a level of nerd that I can't even begin to comprehend.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

I need some iTunes/podcast help...I experienced a similar issue before, but the successful fixes previously suggested (I think by Neil) don't work now, and everything I've tried to do based on Google/iTunes help is
ineffective.

I had to restore my old iPod touch to factory because it was acting funny (works fine now (well, except for this)), and I can't get podcasts to sync right. All I want is to be able to check an episode on a podcast, and have it sync over. Nothing fancy...if it (the episode) and the podcast itself are checked, they sync. If not, they don't. I don't understand why this is complicated.

The options I have are "Automatically include..." then "1/3/5/10 most recent," "1/3/5/10 recent unplayed," "1/3/5/10 recent new." I've tried each option, and they're lying...when I did the "most recent," I got episodes from 2014 of some episodes trying to sync. I've checked "manually manage music," as this fixed things in the past - no luck. I'm pulling my hair out with this...anyone know an easy "if you check it, it syncs, if you don't, it doesn't" setting? If not, is there a way to port this stuff into a better program for syncing over? If it matters, I have iOS 6.1.6.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

scottcolbath

Anyone here got experience upgrading a Mac from OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Kitty) to the latest and greatest Yosemite nonsense?

My new camera's RAW/CR2 image format is not supported by Aperture 3.0. In order to upgrade my Aperture from 3.2.4 to the version that supports the image format, I need to upgrade the OS. So, I'm not looking at a fun time. The interwebs has some unpleasant stories about this upgrade. My iMac has been running the same OS since I bought it in 2009.

S.C.

appleshampoo
pushyn00b

scottcolbath wrote:Anyone here got experience upgrading a Mac from OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Kitty) to the latest and greatest Yosemite nonsense?

My new camera's RAW/CR2 image format is not supported by Aperture 3.0. In order to upgrade my Aperture from 3.2.4 to the version that supports the image format, I need to upgrade the OS. So, I'm not looking at a fun time. The interwebs has some unpleasant stories about this upgrade. My iMac has been running the same OS since I bought it in 2009.

S.C.

That sounds like a really fun weekend project; unfortunately I know fuck-all about Macs so I can't really give you any advice.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Burt
SEG is correct

My only skill is starting Win vs. Mac arguments on the internet.

scottcolbath

appleshampoo wrote:
scottcolbath wrote:Anyone here got experience upgrading a Mac from OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Kitty) to the latest and greatest Yosemite nonsense?

S.C.

That sounds like a really fun weekend project; unfortunately I know fuck-all about Macs so I can't really give you any advice.

My weekend project is supposed to be shooting three different races. But if I can't download pics, it's going to be an issue.

First thing I need to do is buy an external hard drive large enough to back up my Mac hard drive.

S.C.

Pascal's Pager
aka: the pretentious bigmouth

Well you should be backing up your hard drive anyway. :)

I don't have any advice, but I'm currently upgraded to the latest and greatest (Which is no longer Yosemite, but El Capitan) and didn't have any issues at all. Click the buttons, wait a bit, good to go.
Nathan Bateman wrote:After a long day of Turing tests, you gotta unwind.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

If it's just about getting pics off the card, can't you just move them with the mac equivalent of the explorer? You won't be able to process them yet, but at least you can shoot more pics. But yeah, same boat, know fuck all about macs and shit.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Scott - Can't you use Image Capture to get the pics off your memory card?
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Pascal's Pager
aka: the pretentious bigmouth

Yeah, you can use the finder to just drag images off the card and on to the hard drive, but I expect Scott's wanting to see them, organize them properly, edit, etc.

Scott, 2009 iMac should be able to run El Capitan without trouble. Just curious, with upgrades being free, why are you five OS's behind?
Nathan Bateman wrote:After a long day of Turing tests, you gotta unwind.

scottcolbath

I can pull the images off the card. But it's a matter of my wanting order in this fucked up life. I find it hard to move on until I resolve this issue.

PP, any important pics are uploaded to my Smugmug account already. If my Mac crashes, I lose nothing. As a matter of fact, I just deleted about 20 old libraries of pics last week to free up some space. I now have about 500 gigs :mrgreen: available.

S.C.