Login   Register
 Login    Register
Techie Blibber Blabber
Neil T
Dead chuffed

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Kanye West (worth $145m to $180m) doesn't want to pay $189 for a synth plugin, so apparently goes to Pirate Bay to rip it off: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... user-serum

https://twitter.com/deadmau5/status/704876167157907456

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

God damn it, the volume-up button on my Sansa Clipp stopped working. And it was turned way down from listening in bed last night.

This is my second one of these to have persistent button failures. I shan't be buying another one. Anyone have a standalone MP3 player recommendation? Smaller is better.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

PlaysByEar
Paul Shaffer Swagger Jacker

That makes me sad. I think the Sansa Clip was my last mp3 player before I moved to my smart phone permanently.
I would think standalone players would be a dying breed since smart phones can cover that functionality now.

PlaysByEar
Paul Shaffer Swagger Jacker

Oh, except for the form factor, but it doesn't take long to get used to strapping a phone to your arm.

Burt
SEG is correct

As I've said before, I'm able to use the controls on the Clip without looking at the device. That's a big deal for me.
'Poo, the best resource for audio players I know of is
http://anythingbutipod.com

Stockholmsyndrome
All roads eventually lead to Hitler

After I quit my Sansa, I switched to an ipod nano (5th gen or so), then to smartphone. I missed the no-look buttoning of the sansa, but the nano was decent.
cantjudge wrote:What kinda benis do you got?

Al Jarry
that's enough to humor me for now

appleshampoo wrote:God damn it, the volume-up button on my Sansa Clipp stopped working. And it was turned way down from listening in bed last night.

This is my second one of these to have persistent button failures. I shan't be buying another one. Anyone have a standalone MP3 player recommendation? Smaller is better.

I had a Sansa Clipp also, used it all the time, especially while running, which caused problems when I sweated too much. The controls are now fubar. Apparently that's a common problem, which is unfortunate 'cause other than that it's a really dynamite little device -- lightweight, easy to control sightlessly, easy navigation, and it doesn't bust when it's dropped.

If you really like the Sansa, I'd say bite the bullet and buy another one and treat it like a disposable device. I use my phone as an MP3 player too now like most people here do, and it's problematic at times, especially when I'm active, but I guess it's all a trade-off.

Burt
SEG is correct

Al Jarry wrote:If you really like the Sansa, I'd say bite the bullet and buy another one and treat it like a disposable device. I use my phone as an MP3 player too now like most people here do, and it's problematic at times, especially when I'm active, but I guess it's all a trade-off.

That's what I've done, but they don't make it any longer. There are clip pluses available at about double original price.

Al Jarry
that's enough to humor me for now

Burt wrote:
Al Jarry wrote:If you really like the Sansa, I'd say bite the bullet and buy another one and treat it like a disposable device. I use my phone as an MP3 player too now like most people here do, and it's problematic at times, especially when I'm active, but I guess it's all a trade-off.

That's what I've done, but they don't make it any longer. There are clip pluses available at about double original price.

Aw, that's a shame. In my experience the Sansa is the best because of its superior navigation. I guess they caught on to that, and combined with their understanding of how it's designed for early obsolescence, they found a maximum price point. Bastards.

Burt
SEG is correct

It's new old stock clips being sold by third parties at inflated prices. Sansa has new models of mini players, but they have downgraded the features. When all my clips have worn out/lost in the road, I'll prolly buy one of the newer crappy models.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

PlaysByEar wrote:That makes me sad. I think the Sansa Clip was my last mp3 player before I moved to my smart phone permanently.
I would think standalone players would be a dying breed since smart phones can cover that functionality now.

Thanks Peeb, you're the resident Droid 2 collector, right? I charged up my old Droid 2 to listen to podcasts. It is nice to have the play/pause button on my headphones work again (one of my few complaints with the Clipp). Not so nice to lug that thing around :(.

Is it even possible to transfer an MP3 file directly to an iPhone using iTunes? I can't be arsed to boot in to Windoze to find out.

This may inspire me to ditch my iPhone finally. If I can find a dumphone that will play MP3s through a standard headphone jack with an interface that approaches "not completely braindead."

Burt wrote:As I've said before, I'm able to use the controls on the Clip without looking at the device. That's a big deal for me.
'Poo, the best resource for audio players I know of is
http://anythingbutipod.com

Yes, that is a huge feature for me too. Thanks for the link.

Burt wrote:It's new old stock clips being sold by third parties at inflated prices. Sansa has new models of mini players, but they have downgraded the features. When all my clips have worn out/lost in the road, I'll prolly buy one of the newer crappy models.

Yeesh. $90 bucks for an "old" one, no thanks.

Anyone tried the "new" gen? $33 on the 'Zon.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

Got back my first test in my UNIX OS class. 96. Missed one quesiton. Fuck.

S.C.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

What was the question?
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

backsack
I like urban kids

Why? Will you know the answer?
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.

Cherry Pie wrote:You're stupid, Todd.