Login   Register
 Login    Register
Techie Blibber Blabber
Neil T
Dead chuffed

lovelinefan wrote:What was the question?

Q. 1337: When would you use the following command?

Code: Select all
rm -rf /

PlaysByEar
Paul Shaffer Swagger Jacker

appleshampoo wrote:Thanks Peeb, you're the resident Droid 2 collector, right? I charged up my old Droid 2 to listen to podcasts. It is nice to have the play/pause button on my headphones work again (one of my few complaints with the Clipp). Not so nice to lug that thing around :(.

Yep! Currently one is my phone, one is an extra charger, one is sitting in my car waiting for me to find a way to make it a dashcam, and one is the remote control for my TV and DVR.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

PlaysByEar wrote:
appleshampoo wrote:Thanks Peeb, you're the resident Droid 2 collector, right? I charged up my old Droid 2 to listen to podcasts. It is nice to have the play/pause button on my headphones work again (one of my few complaints with the Clipp). Not so nice to lug that thing around :(.

Yep! Currently one is my phone, one is an extra charger, one is sitting in my car waiting for me to find a way to make it a dashcam, and one is the remote control for my TV and DVR.

I can't believe you are still using one as a phone.

The keyboard on mine eventually went wonky, obviating the whole reason why I have it. Lots of keys don't work reliably, and then double-type when you finally get them to work.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

Fuck, I don't remember. That probably explains why I got it wrong. It was likely arg usage with some UNIX command.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Neil T wrote:

rm -rf /

That will clean things up.

S.C.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

scottcolbath wrote:
Neil T wrote:

rm -rf /

That will clean things up.

S.C.

Yes, SOP when any of my hosts have a disk space issue.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Very high compression level. Frees up a lot of space.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Haven't used Unix in forever...the only command I can recall is "su." Not sure why that one stuck.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

VictoryGin wrote:Haven't used Unix in forever...the only command I can recall is "su." Not sure why that one stuck.

That's funny because I barely use su. SOP at my job is always use sudo if you need to be root. And if you *really* need to be root for a whole bunch of commands in a row, just do 'sudo su' so you don't have to know the root password. Technically we do have access to the actual root password, but we don't have to use it that often.

scottcolbath

appleshampoo wrote:
VictoryGin wrote:Haven't used Unix in forever...the only command I can recall is "su." Not sure why that one stuck.

That's funny because I barely use su. SOP at my job is always use sudo if you need to be root. And if you *really* need to be root for a whole bunch of commands in a row, just do 'sudo su' so you don't have to know the root password. Technically we do have access to the actual root password, but we don't have to use it that often.

That sounds sort of loosey-goosey. We couldn't pass an audit here with something like that going on.

S.C.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Any of you guys use SAP? I enjoyed working with that...thought it was pretty intuitive despite how techy it was.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

scottcolbath wrote:
appleshampoo wrote:

That sounds sort of loosey-goosey. We couldn't pass an audit here with something like that going on.

S.C.

We pass a SOX audit every year, but just as a merchant. I imagine the audit that happens at a PROVIDER of credit cards is way more complicated. I do not envy you in that regard.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Anyone got recommendation on chair? Don't want to spend a ton, but you know, I sit in it a lot. Was thinking about one of the mesh ones, top and or bottom.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

I bought a desk/office chair recently. May not be of much use as the retailer (Viking) probably isn't stateside, but when researching, there were lots of U.S. Web sites where users posted their favrids.
I think places like Engadget/Lifehacker etc. Might be worth a Goog.

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

i got this Ikea.Markus

10 year warranty, been 2-3 years, so far so good