Login   Register
 Login    Register
The Resume - Starring Chris Laxamana
jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

calfaro wrote:I dont remember them mentioning her.

I think it was just a brief mention of the old Thursday Gang ARIYNBF shows? Not a big deal at all.

TS-

jovialjackee wrote:
calfaro wrote:I dont remember them mentioning her.

I think it was just a brief mention of the old Thursday Gang ARIYNBF shows? Not a big deal at all.

Get out your tin foil.

You're right, they didn't say anything major. As a matter of fact, like you, I can't even remember what they said, just that they were referred to Alison by name, which is my point.

From episode 2:
jovialjackee wrote:Lots of talk about the BoBo Boys' origin story but with NO mention of She Who Must Not Be Named. (It originally started on Alison Rosen's podcast.)

Point I: There has been a rule in place about mentioning Alison.

Alison was on the Carolla show every day for 4 years, but is never mentioned after Adam goes on his long rant about why he fired her. None of the “best of” episodes include shows from the previous four years which is obviously the majority of the show’s library. Nor is the incident mentioned during the year end wrap up show despite being a major event.

This same message was handed down to her former cohosts, though it's unclear if it was from Adam, as opposed to Mike August, etc.

Per Alison, she was told by multiple sources within Carolla Digital that the Bobos were:

A) No longer allowed to be on her show, and
B) Not allowed to publicly associate with her, or else.

So the guys go from being featured guests on her show every week for a year, to ending all communication. Not only not mentioning her on air, but no tweets or anything else public. Early on, she even got no response to one of her emails, which is what caused her to investigate the situation.

Mike Dawson appears on the Résumé podcasts after the violation (mentioning Alison),

Point II: One of these things is not like the others.

When Adam went on his screed about his supposed reasons for firing Alison from the show (for the sake of argument we can pretend like these are genuine, though testimony exists to the contrary), Mike Dawson seemed more than happy to bash Alison when she was no longer around to defend herself. You could say that he was forced to do so as Gary was, but the fact remains that he is not a member of the original group (Chris/Gary/Matt/Caelan), nor is he a peer who was called in like Nick, who's been around since the start of the Watercooler episodes.

I would suggest, then, that Dawson's arrival after the violation of The Rosen Rule is not a coincidence, and that he is, in actuality, a tool of The Man.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

Holy fucking shit
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Burt
SEG is correct

TS has been paying attention in class.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

I dunno. I still think they just refrain from mentioning her because it's uncomfortable.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

For someone who can't be bothered to deal with the regular details of his shop, this theory gives Adam maybe a tad too much credit.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

I will say that the avoidance of mentioning Rosen at all is pretty strong on the main show. Enough so that it really sticks out when Bryan slips and plays an old drop of her or something.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

I don't recall ever hearing any after she was fired. I figured he just deleted them to avoid the possibility.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Neil T wrote:Ow, my balls are on fire. etc.

HowWouldIKnowThat

There was one last week, or the week before. I think it might have been a oopsie. Maybe someone with a better brain than me can remember it. Cause important.

whitechucks

Jesus f'n christ I can't stand Dawson on resume.

Long time lurker on DFS, first time poster. But listening to the watercooler episodes has forced me to actually sign up in order to bitch about Dawson. I didn't sign up thorough all of Carolla's repeated rants about not showing, Gavin Newsom, and left turn signals. I didn't sign up when weez destroyed the legend that is DOT. I didn't sign up when Alison got fired. Yet I signed up for this (I am also drunk).

Dawson is the stuck up douchebag of the group, always putting down jokes thinking he's above everyone else. He says he's joking, but he is just a huge asshole that puts every one down.

Whether it's shitting on how Caelan ranks his Beihns, Matt's food choices (in the latest ep he admits to liking Costco yet still shits on it), or his endless exasperated sighs during tech talk or Nick's rap intros.

I can't stand his douchey cynical negativity to everything. He's also a close narcissist himself, trying to make every story about himself, his stories, his sandwiches and soups.

Gary was borderline obnoxious with his smugness but that was at least tamed by Chris and Matt's teasing whenever he was out of line, but Dawson is just too much.

If anybody from the Bobo boys crew sees this (AND ANOTHER THING, he feels he is too good for the bark, yet he was invited to the bobo boys), please tell him to chill the fuck out, or get the fuck out.

whitechucks

*rants about not showering

HowWouldIKnowThat

Legal Zoom is not a lawyer.

Burt
SEG is correct

This is your safe place, whitechucks.

Domybest

wait, chris was fired?

backsack
I like urban kids

Dawson has soups and sandwiches?
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.