Login   Register
 Login    Register
The Adam and Dr Drew Show: Post-October 13, 2013 Generic Thread
Chef Lorena Garcia
I'd also advise against stealing a baby

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:
Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:
HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:
I'm not a fan of Drew at this point, but I maintain some respect for him and Adam both for pushing education and awareness on a bunch of serious shit out to kids in an accessible format during a time when there was a pretty big movement to suppress any talk of such things. I have no need to see him get shamed for doing a solid. Also though, never found Stern all that interesting or funny.

I know it sounds cruel to an outsider but if you're a fan (and Drew is a huge Stern fan) it's totally to be expected and you don't even hold it against him. Besides you know that he really likes Drew.

Noted--yeah, I suppose he's a professional dick, so just doing his thing.

I think of it kinda like what Tom Green, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Nathan Fielder do. He's saying (basically true) things that you're not supposed to say in polite society for comedic effect. Drew was collateral damage (like the people those other comedians prank).

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Those other guys tend to either excuse or explain their victims though. For Nathan, the joke is usually worse on him. Green was an absurdist and SBC is also some times and others he targets bigots. Stern, in my admittedly limited exposure just sort of seems like a dick. Obviously it works for him, and for a bunch of other people, but it doesn't do anything for me.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

Harmony_Keane

I used to listen to Stern WAY back when he was on regular radio and while he did have some funny stuff to say, I just couldn't take anymore the way he went overboard with the cruelty to his staff. It seemed more than an act, he really enjoyed it. I was glad when he went to satellite and Adam took over the slot.

Chef Lorena Garcia

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:Those other guys tend to either excuse or explain their victims though. For Nathan, the joke is usually worse on him. Green was an absurdist and SBC is also some times and others he targets bigots. Stern, in my admittedly limited exposure just sort of seems like a dick. Obviously it works for him, and for a bunch of other people, but it doesn't do anything for me.

I think you're using two different measures. Those other guys (who I find very funny) do some very dicky things. Some of the people SBC pranked were racists but the majority were just friendly ordinary people not in on the joke. Almost everybody who appears on Nathan For You is a little off (like Perry from Windy City Heat). Tom Green would harass strangers walking down the street or invite people on the show and then just make annoying noises with his mouth.

I also find that people have a very negative opinion of Stern usually haven't listened to him very much. Drew used to be like that. I think in the Loveline days he had a very condescending tone whenever Stern's name would come up. He only started listening in the last 5 years or so and now he's obsessed. I don't understand how anybody who enjoyed Adam's sense of humor could hate Stern.

Chef Lorena Garcia

Does anybody know what day they talked out the gift fiasco on the Adam and Drew show? I was reading through the show descriptions from the last couple of weeks and didn't see anything mentioning it.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:Does anybody know what day they talked out the gift fiasco on the Adam and Drew show? I was reading through the show descriptions from the last couple of weeks and didn't see anything mentioning it.

Episode 708 from Nov 12th.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:
HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:Those other guys tend to either excuse or explain their victims though. For Nathan, the joke is usually worse on him. Green was an absurdist and SBC is also some times and others he targets bigots. Stern, in my admittedly limited exposure just sort of seems like a dick. Obviously it works for him, and for a bunch of other people, but it doesn't do anything for me.

I think you're using two different measures. Those other guys (who I find very funny) do some very dicky things. Some of the people SBC pranked were racists but the majority were just friendly ordinary people not in on the joke. Almost everybody who appears on Nathan For You is a little off (like Perry from Windy City Heat). Tom Green would harass strangers walking down the street or invite people on the show and then just make annoying noises with his mouth.

I also find that people have a very negative opinion of Stern usually haven't listened to him very much. Drew used to be like that. I think in the Loveline days he had a very condescending tone whenever Stern's name would come up. He only started listening in the last 5 years or so and now he's obsessed. I don't understand how anybody who enjoyed Adam's sense of humor could hate Stern.

I don't hate Stern, I just don't enjoy listening to him. I'm not willing to stick it out till I get into it, so it is what it is.

Those other guys for sure put people in awkward situations, but almost always, they're the ones that are crazy or absurd. The random person is along for a ride, and it might be a bit uncomfortable, but they are not the joke (outside of SBC's racists). That is not what Stern does. Again in my limited experience, Stern makes the other person the joke.

You're right that Adam does this too, and maybe increasingly as time goes on, but that's not what I like out of Adam.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

Chef Lorena Garcia

Hypermotard wrote:
Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:Does anybody know what day they talked out the gift fiasco on the Adam and Drew show? I was reading through the show descriptions from the last couple of weeks and didn't see anything mentioning it.

Episode 708 from Nov 12th.

Thank you

wco81

#724 Adam really goes after Lou Reed for having a bad voice.

So Perry Como is more his thing?

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

What NBA team would draft him?!
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.