Login   Register
 Login    Register
"This Life" podcast with Dr. Drew and Bob Forrest
jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

lovelinefan wrote:Maybe that's why he had the guy on who escaped from the cult.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

jovialjackee wrote:You guys realize he's just trying to slowly inch his way out of the Carolla Digital grasp, right?

Yah, that was my guess too.

pod98
it's been FAR too long since a passionfruit rant

would be great if he ditched the adam and drew show!

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Listened to the second episode today, I enjoyed it. The cult talk was interesting, along with Drew connecting cults to terrorism. Bob said he'd played the concert hall in Paris that was attacked, so he felt a connection to it. The guest was good and I think he should be back on again. Why does this show need a producer, anyway? Looking forward to hearing the next episode - it seems like this is going to just be a weekly show.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

jovialjackee wrote:You guys realize he's just trying to slowly inch his way out of the Carolla Digital grasp, right?

Good call, I hope he makes it like Larry Miller did.
Born Again Delta Fu

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

johnsok0 wrote:

Good call, I hope he makes it like Larry Miller did.

I picture him, one day in the future, a lot like my friend. My friend Andy.
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

We get it. You like the D.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

SharonNeedles wrote:I want Star Wars to go away forever.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

Between you and me? Who doesn't?

lovelinefan

Andy Dick is on this week's episode, but on Skype.

lovelinefan

Listened to the Andy Dick episode today. Andy's 50 years old and still goofy. He was Skyping in, but was also Periscoping while driving. What could go wrong?

The call sounded shitty (sounded like a spotty Bluetooth connection) and it was distracting to hear Drew commenting about things on the Periscope video that none of the listeners can see. Did he take Adam's podcasting masterclass? Susan was talking about something off mic when Andy was trying to call in, and no one could hear what Susan was saying.

The Skype call dropped out a few times, which was annoying. Andy talked about some girl he's dating and his sex/love addiction, as well as his son. Overall it was an ok episode. I wish there had been a listener call or email to break things up while they were waiting for Andy to call in. After Andy, there was some talk about Bob & Drew's work in rehab and what it was like for them doing that. That was the most interesting part of the podcast, they said they never made much money treating patients, but they had a great team where they worked.

lovelinefan

New episode up - Bob and Drew talking about families.

lovelinefan

The new episode is great. They take some good calls, one from a woman whose mom takes meth and you can hear her in the background of the call, asking who her daughter's talking to. Bob wants to talk to the woman's mom, but Drew isn't comfortable talking to the mom himself, because he's nervous about practicing medicine across state lines. That seems kind of lame. There was a good discussion of the different problems in today's families, versus families of the past, and Bob talks about how his parents dealt with him much differently than parents deal with their kids today.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

lovelinefan wrote:, but Drew isn't comfortable talking to the mom himself, because he's nervous about practicing medicine across state lines. That seems kind of lame.

Why is he so obsessed with that now, after thirty years of having a call in medical radio show?
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

SharonNeedles wrote:I want Star Wars to go away forever.

lovelinefan

No idea - maybe his lawyer or somebody got in his ear about it?

iffin
I am the wife. Also, piss off.

That's what I wanted to know, Hypermotard. I wonder what prompted all the disclaimers.