Login   Register
 Login    Register
Classic Loveline podcast - shows from 1996
lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Bloody hell! Master-tape-mungous!

I always thought Adam had a higher pitch on those early shows because the tapes were running fast, but no, he really was a bit higher pitched back then.

lovelinefan

Yeah - for some reason they haven't put up any more shows since the 11th. These are great quality but I would rather have had the DVDs of all the classic Loveline years like Gio had planned to do. Haven't listened to it yet but I think the Goo Goo Dolls episode may have the songs cut out for legal reasons, since it's not 1h30min+ like the rest. Though the Judy Tenuta episode has a clip of her act from her CD in it.

If you guys want to, you can give feedback and ask them to have Gio help them with this project, I did already: http://podcastone.com/contactus

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

This is curious. Has Giovanni responded to this yet?

lovelinefan

Syncs

Who is the 3rd host?

edit: nm, found it it was riki rachtman

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

January 2, 1996: First on air mention of Bad Ronald?

lovelinefan

Great discussion of The Thing with Two Heads on the 1/2/96 episode, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_with_Two_Heads

Syncs

Wow, funny that Adam mentions a shotgun with rocksalt as the first shot in the chamber on 1/2/96. That idea's been in his head for 17 years.

calfaro

Great sound, but...Rachtman? Gah

calfaro wrote:Great sound, but...Rachtman? Gah

Are you fucking kidding me? because like all listeners(99%) you prefer Adam and Drew without riki, that means you should complain about it?

Just wait till the guys like you go spam itunes with 1 stars for rikki, what will happen you didn't ask cause you refuse to be forward thinking, they'll stop fucking releasing the shows, don't know if you noticed but so far nobody is making a cent off this, it's all cost to them, they have no reason to do it but good will for and to the fans like us.

The Game is over, it's anticlimactic and weird, but my 17yrs of struggling to archive this shit is done, I mean I still have to do a bunch and they have an incomplete collection too, but this is it man.

I'm trying to help them do this right, they didn't include me up top, but now it looks like they might, just be cool, Rachtman leaves in april, if you don't complain and hold things up, those eps will be released and done within weeks, people like you are probably why we didn't get 1995, ADam did 3 months in 95, including his first appearance in character as Birchum.

You don't have a time machine, your gah doesn't mean shit.

Things happened this way, Rikki was annoying and still is, but he helped shape Adam's comedy and kept the seat warm for him til he could find success and wind up on the show, history is what it is, doesn't mean you should complain about it, there are a million possible analogies to any other item from history that you could apply this logic too and you'd feel foolish, so do that and don't post.

Also it's very ridiculous that there isn't a dual thread in the main forum, C'mon people, this is so fucking huge, this is what you all bitch about

I don't like Riki on these ep's, he's a bully, he's mean, he's dangerous and gives bad advice, he pretends to not understand Adam in an effort to derail his comedy and make him unsuccessful, he is the definition of handball against the drapes, he's sexist, he's rude, he says things that if anyone knew he said these shows wouldn't be posted anymore, it's brutal, but we need a complete collection, or as close as their archive allows.

I know the most about this, just don't interfere with me trying to make sure everything goes down properly.

Listn2BlkSabth
My brain's an asshole

Final Word wrote:
calfaro wrote:Great sound, but...Rachtman? Gah

Are you fucking kidding me? because like all listeners(99%) you prefer Adam and Drew without riki, that means you should complain about it?

Just wait till the guys like you go spam itunes with 1 stars for rikki, what will happen you didn't ask cause you refuse to be forward thinking, they'll stop fucking releasing the shows, don't know if you noticed but so far nobody is making a cent off this, it's all cost to them, they have no reason to do it but good will for and to the fans like us.

The Game is over, it's anticlimactic and weird, but my 17yrs of struggling to archive this shit is done, I mean I still have to do a bunch and they have an incomplete collection too, but this is it man.

I'm trying to help them do this right, they didn't include me up top, but now it looks like they might, just be cool, Rachtman leaves in april, if you don't complain and hold things up, those eps will be released and done within weeks, people like you are probably why we didn't get 1995, ADam did 3 months in 95, including his first appearance in character as Birchum.

You don't have a time machine, your gah doesn't mean shit.

Things happened this way, Rikki was annoying and still is, but he helped shape Adam's comedy and kept the seat warm for him til he could find success and wind up on the show, history is what it is, doesn't mean you should complain about it, there are a million possible analogies to any other item from history that you could apply this logic too and you'd feel foolish, so do that and don't post.

Also it's very ridiculous that there isn't a dual thread in the main forum, C'mon people, this is so fucking huge, this is what you all bitch about

I don't like Riki on these ep's, he's a bully, he's mean, he's dangerous and gives bad advice, he pretends to not understand Adam in an effort to derail his comedy and make him unsuccessful, he is the definition of handball against the drapes, he's sexist, he's rude, he says things that if anyone knew he said these shows wouldn't be posted anymore, it's brutal, but we need a complete collection, or as close as their archive allows.

I know the most about this, just don't interfere with me trying to make sure everything goes down properly.

This is the best joke account ever

HuellHauser
I spent a lot of time looking @ this dude's crotch

Uh oh get ready for a text wall.

HuellHauser
I spent a lot of time looking @ this dude's crotch

"your gah doesn't mean shit" is excellence.

lovelinefan

I hope people give 5 star reviews of this on itunes and write great reviews of it, it can't hurt.