Login   Register
 Login    Register
Ready, Set, Cook!
VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Very interesting combo - I'll try that out. I'm a huge fan of red potatoes...I usually use the baby ones for roasting. I think MrsGin and kids wouldn't like the sauerkraut, but they might not notice in that application.

Had a random thought today....If I were rich, I wouldn't necessarily hire someone to cook, but I'd definitely hire a prep cook. Peeling garlic, chopping onions, cleaning greens, etc. etc. sucks...cooking is awesome if you have everything pre-chopped and ready to go.

Burt
SEG is correct

VictoryGin wrote:Had a random thought today....If I were rich, I wouldn't necessarily hire someone to cook, but I'd definitely hire a prep cook. Peeling garlic, chopping onions, cleaning greens, etc. etc. sucks...cooking is awesome if you have everything pre-chopped and ready to go.

Rich people also never wait in line. They have everything they want, including food, delivered. One of my frequent cycling routes is through a super wealthy part of town. There are always service and delivery vehicles parked everywhere.

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

I would hate that. I want to see all the new products, I want to judge the freshness myself, etc.
LeykisMan! wrote: I enjoy 1780s and all his faggy threads.

Cosmo
Unfuckable Fly (aka Tex)

"Cocoa nibs and durian paste"

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

VictoryGin wrote:Had a random thought today....If I were rich, I wouldn't necessarily hire someone to cook, but I'd definitely hire a prep cook. Peeling garlic, chopping onions, cleaning greens, etc. etc. sucks...cooking is awesome if you have everything pre-chopped and ready to go.

Prep is like therapy for me. I love using my knives and putting a perfect dice on a veg, or my uber-mince on cloves of garlic. I do a garlic clove like you would an onion, only it's tiny pieces.

S.C.

DonnyCal

Doesn't the prep hurt your back?

I'm only 6' and it does mine.

I saw this show about giants (really tall people) and they would use an elevated cutting board.
Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

DonnyCal wrote:Doesn't the prep hurt your back?

I'm only 6' and it does mine.

I saw this show about giants (really tall people) and they would use an elevated cutting board.

It's a bit of a bother. When I pulled a shift at Binkleys, it was excellent. The counters were 40 inches. Kevin Binkley is a big goon like me. He told me when he did a redesign of the kitchen a few years ago, he raised the counters and also put in a killer A/C system so the staff in the kitchen didn't sweat through their whites. I worked there in the middle of August. It remained nicely cool all day/night. I appreciated that.

S.C.

Cunnilingus
shitty attitude crusader

Had myself a manly dinner...

AndySmith wrote:Maybe we'll get lucky and some nutbag will put a bullet in him (Trump).

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

You put butter on rice?
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Butter on rice is freaking amazing...used to do that all the time back in the day. Very nice.

Cunnilingus
shitty attitude crusader

Hollywood wrote:You put butter on rice?

Yeah. And it's unsalted sweet cream butter. Not fucking country crock or some shit.
AndySmith wrote:Maybe we'll get lucky and some nutbag will put a bullet in him (Trump).

Cunnilingus
shitty attitude crusader

I actually used half a stick of butter in the making of that meal. Only 1 tbsp was used in the rice though.

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

Cunnilingus wrote:Had myself a manly dinner...

Pepper with a side of steak and rice
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

Burt
SEG is correct

I made some Carolina style vinegar BBQ sauce to-nite. Never tried it before. When tasted by itself, it's nothing to shout about, but tossed with pulled pork it's damn fine coffee. The vinegar and fat dance together nicely. I look forward to mopping it on a smoking slab of pork.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Agree, it's usually not a good solo taste, needs the richness of the meat to balance. Don't know how you cook your pork up Burt, but if doable, cook the pork directly in the sauce.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay