Login   Register
 Login    Register
Adam continues to self-destruct
brcheese

Adam's tweets tonight -

Thanks for kind words about the doc. Velocity along with every 1 passed. Podcastone payed them to air it. please dont mistake them for smart

Pirate ship RT @petey0101 @Velocity you realized that continously saying bad things about people that show your products isn't a hot idea.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Is Adam drunk tweeting?
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

I thought networks paid to get shows or movies, but apparently Adam paid them, savvy business for the Aceman as usual
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

I don't get it. Is Velocity a station? Also, Adam talks shit about everyone.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

I assume it's a C List cable network
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

PeterNorth
uhhhhhhhhhhh

On the new episode of the Adam and Drew podcast, Drew (hesitantly) asks Adam why he's always angry.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

brcheese wrote:Adam's tweets tonight -

Thanks for kind words about the doc. Velocity along with every 1 passed. Podcastone payed them to air it. please dont mistake them for smart

Pirate ship RT @petey0101 @Velocity you realized that continously saying bad things about people that show your products isn't a hot idea.

Man, he's dumb. Isn't the point of paying to get it on the air initially in the hopes that they would pay him to air it in the future? Shitting on them constantly isn't going to help.

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

Cherry Pie wrote:I don't get it. Is Velocity a station? Also, Adam talks shit about everyone.

Velocity is about all us motorheads have left, now that Speed Channel is gone. MavTV (owned by Lucas Oil) is out there, but they are operating on a very low budget and the programming is pretty lame.

So what's the whole story on this? I need more details.

S.C.

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

Adam's pissed that Sundance didn't let his documentary in. Adam's pissed that people have told him how great it is, yet no one in the biz will buy/publicize it. Adam had his rich uncle Norm PAY Velocity money to air the documentary. People have tweeted how happy they are that Velocity stepped up, so Adam is canvassing the area to insure that no one gives those idiots any sort of credit.....

You know, reasonable behavior for a guy "in the business".
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Neil T
Dead chuffed

It's not a very compelling doc. Adam can't accept that.

There's essentially little reason to watch it unless you have a strong interest in the racing career of Paul Newman. So, the target audience is 1 person (Adam Carolla).

AndySmith
Im not special.

Neil T wrote:It's not a very compelling doc. Adam can't accept that.

There's essentially little reason to watch it unless you have a strong interest in the racing career of Paul Newman. So, the target audience is 1 person (Adam Carolla).

Most documentaries are that way. Even one that's made decently, if you have no interest in the subject matter it's not going to hold your interest. Some break beyond that and can make a topic you've never thought about or have an interest in a compelling watch.

I think the catch 22 of making documentaries is you have to pick a very specific and narrow subject to keep it focused and not get too unwieldy or complicated but once you get so narrow it eliminates a lot of peoples interest in the subject so it has to be really good to get beyond the narrow audience who would be initially interested.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Completely untrue. A good doc draws you in with the inherent drama. That's what's missing from TND.
As Missy Elliot said, no drama.

Senna is a good example of the genre.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Yeah, that's what separates good doc from bad. A good one tells a story that interests you even if you don't give a crap about the broader topic.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

AndySmith
Im not special.

Neil T wrote:Completely untrue. A good doc draws you in with the inherent drama. That's what's missing from TND.
As Missy Elliot said, no drama.

Senna is a good example of the genre.

That's my point. In order to make a good documentary you have to have something to compel people who are not inherently interested in your subject to stay interested. Adam got part of the formula by not being too broad but he missed the mark on making his subject interesting to someone who doesn't go in with an interest already.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

To Catch A Documentar Fan.